Any evidence that IGZO is coming to the 5S ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Sep 1, 2013.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

Is it true that if it does
    The phone will last over 20 hours? I believe if the A7 and wifi/LTE chips are very efficient and iPhone having the IGZO display. Maybe even 24 hour battery on the lowest screen setting. Not only it saves more people BUT makes everything on the screen looks better. It deserves to be called Retina 2 with those 2 features are big. Adding more pixels aren't as innovative when the phone already has has enough pixels.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

It would be nice, but I haven't seen any evidence that would suggest that this will happen. Fortunately, we only have a few days left before we get some answers.;)

3. scapegoat81 macrumors 6502a

scapegoat81

As much as I would love to see this happen, there's no way it would with this iteration of the iPhone. Maybe. Just maybe on the next (iPhone 6 ?) or the one after that....

4. KenAFSPC macrumors 6502a

No. The benefits of IGZO are generally exaggerated.

In certain use scenarios, the power savings is 50 percent or more, but that is not typical in a phone. Real world power savings is probably in the 30-40 percent range, but the display obviously isn't the only component in a phone that consumes power. With no other changes, the move to IGZO might improve battery life from 10 to 12 hours. However, a phone manufacturer may opt to use much of that power savings to incorporate a faster processor.

5. matttye macrumors 601

The display is however the biggest drain on the battery, and a 30-40% increase is outstanding.