Any experience with buying from Radioshack?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PurpleHeart, Sep 27, 2012.

1. PurpleHeart macrumors member

So despite living in the Bay Area, aka Apple headquarters, none of the Apple stores have the model I want in stock (with about 20 apple stores within 2 hour driving range wtf)

according to radioshack website, they do have the model I want at multiple radio shack stores.. but that place screams ghetto, with so many horror customer service tales

Of course I am not planning on 'returning' my iPhone per se, but I will want the option to rapidly and easily swap the phones if it turns out to be defective (I purchased from Verizon on launch day, and had to return it because of battery rattle - which was a mistake)

Apple told me to deal with Verizon directly, and refused to 'service' my phone because I purchased from Verizon... is that going to be an issue also with radioshack?

I am just effing tired of refreshing store list every night starting at 9:30PM

2. vmdc macrumors regular

vmdc

I'd like to know this too.

I returned my Verizon iPhone 5 because it had a nick on the corner and Apple wouldn't let me do an exchange for a white one. So I just ended up returning my black one.

I'm just worried if I get a white iPhone from RadioShack that has dings in it and trying to exchange it at an Apple store.

3. soco macrumors 68030

soco

I would avoid RadioShack at all costs. I've had nothing but terrible experiences with them, and I bought my iPhone 5 from them out of desperation.

The degree they'll go to with pushing accessories and the like is disgusting, uncomfortable, and rude to say the least. I get comission-based sales, but my God.

Their markup on the phone is also terrible, even if it is in line with many other stores, I still don't like paying $50 more for a phone just because it's not coming direct from Apple.

Most RadioShack locations are run by kids, and I understand that's the case with most retail, but I think the dire straits that RadioShack is in right now lends itself to their particular kids being even more unforgiving and laxadaisical to their customers.

My 2 cents.