Any experience with editing an online apple.com iphone 5 order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by busterbluth, Sep 14, 2012.

1. busterbluth macrumors 6502

I realized I need to change the shipping address on my iphone 5 order I placed on apple.com. I had read horror stories of people having their order cancelled or delayed shipping time during the last iphone update. Anyone have any experience editing the shipping address on their iPhone 5 order? Thanks

2. Jnyce macrumors regular

during processing you can change it

3. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I clicked view/edit account and then edit to change the shipping address and received the following message:

Your order is being processed. Please try again shortly. To make changes to your default shipping information, go to Your Account.

I tried changing my default address, no dice. I called Apple and they told me AT&T won't let them change it.

Not a huge deal for me as I know my wife will be home that day, its more of an inconvenience as I need to contact AT&T to make sure the phone is placed on the right line (cross upgrade).

BTW the order was placed around 12:15PST/3:15EST.

4. meganator macrumors member

Once it is processing you can change it. Give it a day. I changed mine in the apple site no problem

5. joec1101 macrumors 6502

I changed my shipping address after the order was placed and in "processing" status. The web site Apple Store wasn't working, but the Apple Store iOS app let me make the change.

6. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

I want to change my shipping address to my work address because my UPS guy told me that the day the iPhone is launched is the only day UPS is allowed to deliver residential, next day air packages, by 7pm. But if it ships to a business, they still have to deliver it early.

But guess what?...My preorder went super smooth and I'm not changing a thing. I know during the "processing" stage, changes can be made with no problem, but I read some horror stories last year from people trying to change addresses. I'm leaving well enough alone. And I'd say unless it's an emergency, don't mess with anything. Apple is slammed with millions of orders. Most likely the most ever for a preorder. I'd love to get my phone at 9am with my daily work delivery...But I'm more then happy to wait until 6-7pm.

7. hwnstyle21 macrumors newbie

Well hopefully nothing bad happens. I just changed the shipping address while it was in the "processing" phase.

8. thesaint580 macrumors member

I had the same problem. When I clicked edit, a message popped up that said I need to contact 1-800-MY-Apple. And I did. Was on hold for 10 mins and they edited my order.

9. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

When I called the computer from hell told me they were busy and to call back. Thanks for nothing.

10. krizkroz macrumors newbie

i edited the shipping address twice while it was in the processing stage. hopefully everything goes smoothly. calling the sales team at apple care is useless. half of them dont know anything. one girl just put me on hold forever, i had to hang up then.