Any games where the iPad is the game 'board' and iPhone/iTouch hold the cards/peices?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by GizmoDVD, Jul 14, 2010.

1. GizmoDVD macrumors 65816

Hey all...

Just curious if there are any games or apps where the iPad acts as a game board (so everyone can see it) and each individual iPhone/iTouch act as a hand of cards (or whatever you don't want your opponent to see)?

2. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Iso cards will do this, but I could only get one touch to link. Hopefully it will do more in an update.

It was pretty cool to toss a card and have it pop up on the touch across the room (was playing go fish with my 6yo).

3. GizmoDVD thread starter macrumors 65816

4. Ciclismo macrumors 6502a

Ciclismo

Scrabble and Uni. And Uno is my excuse for getting an iPhone later this year :)

5. GizmoDVD thread starter macrumors 65816

6. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Although the device can recognize gestures and touch, I don't think it can easily differentiate between different kinds of contact surfaces. So I would guess any hex-map based wargames would be out of scope. Could have been pretty cool, however, if possible.

7. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Not exactly what the OP was looking for but....

Check out "EveryGame". It is essentially a "platform" for creating your own games... They include a few sample games. Due to copyright issues, it can't include digitized versions of commercial boardgames, but nothing stops you from using it to create your own personal copies. I have a few vintage boardgames that I plan on digitizing for use with EveryGame.

Note: EG does not include any AI for automated players or rules checking. It offers a platform for gameboards, pieces, and dice.

Contact the developers of EG to see if they can add support for iPod/iPhone as player pieces/cards.

8. p-rice macrumors regular

Texas Holdem Poker would be awesome with a setup like this.

9. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

i'm pretty sure that most poker apps are able to do this.