Any girls wearing the space grey aluminum  watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by kougra6541, Sep 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. kougra6541 macrumors regular

Just curious if many girls wear the space grey aluminum Apple Watch!

I just ordered a S4 space grey aluminum since I’m not a fan of the silver or gold options (and they no longer make the Rose gold i currently have!)

2. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I got my wife a Series 3 Nike+ in Silver with the white band and she really likes it. But she isn't a band girl. Just has the one it came with.

3. kougra6541 thread starter macrumors regular

I’m not a fan of the silver, my S1 was silver and I didn’t like how it looked. That’s why I’m asking if many girls out there wear the space grey model.

4. mizzou-apple macrumors regular

mizzou-apple

I do and I know lots of females that do.

5. antnee macrumors regular

6. kougra6541 thread starter macrumors regular

Do you find that it matches with a lot of bands and daily outfits?

7. mizzou-apple macrumors regular

mizzou-apple

It's black -- it goes with everything and everything goes with it. :)

8. billhelm macrumors regular

billhelm

9. Avenger macrumors 6502a

I'm a man and I love my Rose gold series 1. In fact I ordered a gold aluminum series 4 44mm today. I'm a little worried about the pink sand sports band. Do you think it is feminine? I think the pink is subtle enough that it looks good with the gold case and doesn't stand out.

10. Laryl macrumors 6502a

Laryl

I’ve had the space gray for a year and love it. It’s neutral and every color goes with it just great.

11. scmill macrumors regular

scmill

I have the 42mm Nike+ in silver, and I love it. Almost any band color goes with it (and I have a bunch of them!).

12. caspergirl macrumors regular

Im thinking about that too. The silver looks nice with another bands because most of them have silver details in the place that are connected with the watch. But I will order space grey because I like the contrast of strap/screen colours. I discussed about that with mom and she said “of course space gray”.

I like the white nike strap though and I can’t decide which colour to take

13. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I got the space grey series 0 on launch and was very happy. When I upgraded last year to the series 3, I went with space grey aluminum again. When I upgrade the next time (series 6?) I'll definitely go space grey again.

14. SassyLee macrumors newbie

I have space grey 3 LTE 42mm and gave my mom 38 gps only. I'm also looking forward to same color for series 4 LTE 44mm :)

15. kougra6541 thread starter macrumors regular

I’m not a fan of the silver, I’ve already owned a silver one before my rose gold one and did not like the color. Which is why I am asking specifically about the space grey color.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 15, 2018 ---
    I just didn’t like the matte silver look, the SS silver looks nice, but the aluminum just looked a little cheap to me!

Yeah my sister basically said the same thing as your mom about the space grey!

And yeah I really like the white nike strap better too, but I’m really against the silver!

16. macduke macrumors G4

macduke

My wife wanted that one but ultimately decided to get silver because she was worried about it scratching more easily.

17. caspergirl macrumors regular

Exactly! In our mini "Apple Watch meeting" both sister and mom said the silver looks like cheap so I guess I will take the space gray and maybe later I will buy a white nike strap.

18. jess222 macrumors 6502

jess222

I have a space grey series 3, originally had the rose gold and was sad that they stopped making them :( I too didn't like the look of the silver and am glad I went with the grey, it goes with anything and looks good with all my bands! :D Can't wait to order the series 4 Nike in space grey

19. kougra6541 thread starter macrumors regular

Ive had 2 Apple watches over the last 3 years and between the two of them, only one minor scratch on the body, and one minor scratch on the screen. Both weren’t even noticeable unless you were looking for them.

I’m not too worried about scratches! I’m not super rough on my watches, but I’m also not super careful ether, and they seemed to have held up just fine!
    I’m still surprised they got rid of the rose gold color! But glad to hear you are happy with the space grey after coming from rose gold! I was about to order the Nike version, but didn’t want to wait until October 5th! I’m selling my current series 2 to my sister in law so I didn’t want to delay too much!
    I wish my mom and sister would have Apple Watch strategy meetings with me!!!

They just aren’t tech people and I managed to get them to buy one before, but they both rarely wear theirs and don’t plan to buy them again

20. caspergirl macrumors regular

They are not tech people my mom and sister too! But even if they don’t understand much they want to learn. Mom says I don’t know but tell me what happens here? And of course they always want to talk about colours etc.
    Anyway at the end of the day I think I will go for space gray Nike edition

What about you? Decided it still thinking?

21. kougra6541 thread starter macrumors regular

I ordered the space grey Friday morning! I was just second guessing my decision when I posted this thread, but I am glad I chose it now! :)

22. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

More often then not, I see space gray on people, regardless of gender. I can safely say that I've not seen anyone with a SS watch. Rose gold, yes, but not stainless steel

23. kougra6541 thread starter macrumors regular

I know a few people with SS  watches! My coworkers dad works for Apple in customer service so their family all gets the SS because they use their employee discount to get them!

The SS is definitely much nicer than aluminum! But for me, it’s a little too expensive, especially if I’m going to be upgrading every 2 years roughly!

24. tl01 macrumors 68020

I’m a mom and have had all of the aluminum colors including my series 3 in space grey. I am going back to the silver bc the space grey did flake a little over time. I have other friends who have also had the space grey. It looks great and I have enjoyed it.

25. victoriani macrumors member

victoriani

I have the Space Grey 38mm Series 1 at the moment and wear it with the Milanese strap. I will be purchasing the Series 4 soon, and will most likely stick with the Space Grey as it goes with everything and looks slimmer on my wrist too.