Any glass screen protectors that don’t scratch easily?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by scubacat, Oct 4, 2017.

1. scubacat macrumors member

I have been using the Zagg Glass screen protector on my iPhone 6 for 2 years. I am very careful with it, but about every 6 months it develops cracks and I have to replace it. The last time I replaced it, it cracked within a week just from putting in my purse (possibly next to my keys, but I was careful and didn’t throw the keys on it). I like the feel and look of this screen protector but can’t keep paying to replace it. I never had to replace my Power Support crystal film, but I’ve heard that glass is more protective and feels more like the original phone surface. Does anyone else have this experience with Zagg? I’m upgrading to the iPhone 8 and am trying to decide if I want to give Zagg another chance. Are all glass screen protectors this sensitive? If I switch to a film, are they as protective, clear, and smooth? What other screen protectors should I try if I want to switch from Zagg?

2. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Is your biggest concern scratching or cracking? These are two entirely different things.

3. dfnj123 macrumors 6502a

Maybe check out one of the screen protectors that use Corning's Accessory Glass 2. I've been using Zagg Glass since the iPhone 6 as well, and I plan on switching to one of the brands using Corning for the X

4. scubacat thread starter macrumors member

Sorry, it is cracking.

5. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

I just use the cheap glass ones from eBay you get two for around £2 and have never had them crack unless I’ve dropped the phone.