Any good deals for iPhone 6/6s for the holidays?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 212rikanmofo, Nov 15, 2015.

1. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

I plan on purchasing my mom a new iPhone, She has been using a very old non touch screen device with a very small screen for many years and I feel terrible that she has to put up with it. I am trying to find some good deals now that the holidays are coming to see if I can find a new iPhone 6/6s for a good price so that I can get one for her. Anyone aware of any good deals going? She's with AT&T btw.

2. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Yes. Check the Black Friday deals. You can download the BF app and search there. Target, WM, Best Buy all seem to have something going on.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Target seems to have he best deal. $0 down with att or Verizon and you get a $250 gift card.

4. aneftp macrumors 68040

Depends. If u are under older grandfathered ATT subsidized phone plans (aka $199/299/399 iPhones pricing for 2 years). You are pretty much screwed since your only option is buying via att. Or att corporate stores. Since att won't let third party retailers like Best Buy or target offer 2 year contracts.

That essentially gives att a monopoly on 2 year contract pricing for phones. And they have very little incentive to offer any sort of further discount over the $199/299 iPhone pricing.

If u are on att next. Than lots more options. Target gives $250 target gift card for installment upgrades. SAMs club just had $250 SAMs gift card promo for ATT next also.

5. Rugburn macrumors member

Anyone know if you can order a phone on next and not activate it until Christmas?

I'd love to do the Target deal ($250 gift card) to upgrade my daughter's iPhone 4 as a Christmas gift.

I don't mind starting the payments on the next plan, but I wouldn't want to actually activate the phone until Christmas morning. I'd want her to keep using the old until then.

Is that possible?

6. aneftp macrumors 68040

If u have another line to use next. Just do next on that line and activate the phone.

The issue is SIM cards.

The iPhone 4 uses micro sim and iPhone 5 and newer used nano sim.

Regardless if u activate phone or not. Ur daughter will need a new nano SIM card

7. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

It's not directly possible. But just do it and immediately go get a new micro sim for att and out that in your fighters phone. Tell her it had to be replaced (wouldn't be a lie either).