Any good ways to advertise a yard sale

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Bobdude161, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

I'm having a Mac specific yard sale this Friday and I just need a few suggestions on how I can effectively advertise it's presence.

Things I have done already:

-Make signs
    -Make a webpage for the yard sale
    -Post it on Craigslist

Things I won't do:
    -Use newspaper classifieds. Overrated and overpriced.

Any ideas on how I can attract buyers?

Here's some pictures of the Macs for sale in case you were interested and the signs I made for the sale. :)

Attached Files:

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Whatcha got for sale?

You could make some flyers and leave them at Dunkin Donuts or other places nearby

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Be careful with the signs: some jurisdictions have limits (or even outright bans) on how many signs can be setup for a garage sale.

4. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Traditional yard sales are local. Posting on the craig list? hmm. Signs on stakes are the traditional postings.

5. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Lots of people at uni post details of their garage sales on the uni classifieds. If you have access to something like that I'd recommend it...students are always on the look out for cheap stuff.

6. adk macrumors 68000

adk

For your craigslist ad, try to have a creative title to your post. My friend got a lot of interest when he advertised his garage sale as "Grandma Mona's Waverunner/Garage Sale!"

7. Keebler macrumors 68030

post a message on your local mac user's website (if there is a group around).

telephone poles in the neighbourhood.

8. alecmcmahon macrumors regular

9. Bobdude161 thread starter macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

That sounds like a good idea. Some restaurants here have bulletin boards for local advertisers. I'll do that.

Didn't know that. I'll have to think twice about where I put them. I think I'm going to go a busy corner street nearby and ask the person who owns property if I can stake my sign, instead of being on a public street.

$100. Keyboard and mouse not included. ;)

Yeah I've got a university that's really close to me that my g/f goes to. I'll check them out.

Ugh, speaking of. My Craigslist posts keep getting flagged! Twice already! I don't know why! This is the link to Craigslist page. Am I violating the Terms of Use? I don't think I am. I think someone has a grudge on me. :eek: I wrote a letter to the anon flagger in my ad.

Seems fair, yes?