Any grandfathered unlimited data folks leaving AT&T or VZW for T-Mobile?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PacificBeach, Apr 4, 2013.

1. PacificBeach macrumors regular

any grandfathered unlimited data folks leaving att or vzw for T-mobile?

tell your story and why u are switching?

2. CEmajr macrumors 601

I honestly don't see why anyone with grandfathered unlimited data on Verizon would leave. It's unthrottled and LTE everywhere.

Now AT&T is a different story. It's only 5GB before throttling and LTE isn't nearly as widespread.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

My plan isn't any different, in terms of price, after factoring in discounts. I never let any line just sit with an upgrade on it (unless I am waiting for a phone launch which really only happened once thus far). As such, no reason to bail.

4. Han Solo 1 macrumors 6502

I'm on unlimited vzw and regularly tether. It's actually my only source of Internet at home. Given that I have great speeds and use about 100 to 150 GB per month of data, with no throttling or texts/emails from Verizon, you'd have to kill me to make me leave them.

:D

5. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I already did three weeks ago before I heard of any T-Mobile iPhone. I ported my AT&T # over to T-Mobile. I do not miss AT&Ts bad coverage in my area. The data speeds were so bad I could never use more than 500MBs in one month.

ON T-Mobile in three weeks, I have used nearly 6GBs and I have unlimited data.

6. pokerplayer73 macrumors 6502

pokerplayer73

I have 2 Unlimited Data lines and pay approx $125 after FAN discount and taxes. have no texting on one line and grandfathered $5 for 200 texts on another. almost 3000 rollover minutes to talk left on my account.

Most of my friends have iPhone, so no use for texting. Use iMessage mostly.

No reason to leave since I can't seem to find a deal comparable to this one.

7. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

I have Verizon unlimited data and I'm jumping ship for T-Mobile. I hardly ever use near 2gb and will save about $40 a month on my family plan. I'll really enjoy the savings and T-Mobile had awesome coverage in my area.

8. Fdfan100 macrumors member

I'm actually considering switching back to T-Mobile, used to have them about 2 years ago, then switch to Verizon. Have fan discount with them and have 2 lines plus a tablet line. Have the damn shared plan since my gf did a upgrade the wrong way and Vzw was no good at helping me switch back to my unlimited. I have the 10gb plan and even with my discount, I'll be saving about 60+ a month if I go back to t-mobile and use their new priced plans.My contract ends in June, the other 2 lines end September of next year. I'm contemplating now if I should pay off the eft by selling my girl i5 and she can get one on t-mo and I'll just use mine on t-mo till the next iPhone rolls through, since I'm the area of the refram 1900 band for 3G , pretty fast here. My brothers 4S gets 8-11 mps consistently on 3G on T-Mobile. That should hold me down for few months, decisions decisions.

9. SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

Nope. I'm sticking with AT&T. I considered switching to T-Mobile when they announced the new plans. However, when I looked at T-Mobile's coverage map for my area, I saw that all they had was 2G.

10. PacificBeach thread starter macrumors regular

With unlimited VZW data
    How do u tether without paying ? Is the tether unlimited as well?

11. jason2811 macrumors 6502a

I have an unlimited data plan with Verizon and have an 18% off discount. My contract ends in 5 months. Then I don't know what to do. I could buy the iPhone 5S straight out (will probably cost $850 for the 64GB version with AppleCare+, which is an absurd amount of money to spend on a phone), so I can keep my unlimited data. I won't be tied to a contract because I bought it straight out. However, at any time Verizon could drop my unlimited data plan and I'd be stuck with a CDMA phone I can't use on any other carrier.

My other option would be staying on Verizon, signing a new contract, losing unlimited data (prob get a 2GB plan), but at least the phone would be subsidized (probably $500 for the 64GB version with AppleCare+).

So I'm debating if I should just switch to one of T-Mobile's new plans instead.

12. Han Solo 1 macrumors 6502

Tetherme on jailbroken iPhone 5.

13. dw3bb10 macrumors 6502

I would never leave unlimited with Verizon if I had it.

14. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

I'm on unlimited/grandfathered plan. And in Dallas, the LTE is awesome. So there's no reason for me to switch at all.

Last week I was able to download LTE at over 40Mbs last week. Hard to think why I'd move.

15. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I'm not leaving my AT&T unlimited data plan unless the company forces me off it. They don't seem to be terribly strict with the 5GB cap anymore. I regularly exceed it and I've yet to be throttled. I really doubt I could get away with the 150GB a month usage that Han Solo 1 mentioned though. :)

I also have a 20% FAN discount, so the T-Mobile plans aren't that much cheaper than what I've got anyway.