Any guesses on how many (if any at all) jet black 7 plus phones carrier stores will receive?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SR42, Sep 12, 2016.

1. SR42 macrumors member

The title pretty much says it all. Any guesses on how many, if any jet black 7 plus that carrier stores (ATT, verizon, etc) will receive for launch day?

I'm currently at college in a small town with the closest apple store a 2 hour drive away, and having a 10:30am class friday that I can't miss, it looks like ATT is my only option. I pre ordered a 128GB 7 plus jet black but shows delivery in october, so really want it on launch day (first time not receiving the phone I want on launch day, despite ordering as soon as the app/website became available early friday.
    I don't mind showing up at ATT at 8/9pm Thursday to assure I'm the first in line, in the case they only have 1 jet black plus. The ATT stores i called said they will be able to tell me the colors they received late thursday, but not the quantity.
    I do remember when the 5S came out with no pre order, I also waited at ATT. Many people in line wanted gold, but the store only received space grey and silver.

So, any guesses of this fanboy getting the 7 plus in jet black on Friday at an ATT store in a small town? At this point ill take the 256gb if thats all they have even though i don't need it.

2. nivekr11 macrumors regular

3. burntice macrumors member

I'm guessing 0 based on your location and the fact that it appears no one got a 9/16 date on JB Plus preorder.
    However you are in college and as
    I see it you could be doing a lot worse things than camping out at a retail store all night.

Regardless good luck!

4. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Just enough for the guy standing right in front of you after waiting for hours to get it.

5. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

I just got off the phone with Tim and Phil. They said there will be some. Have a nice day.

6. bnekic macrumors 6502a

bnekic

I'm wondering the same thing as well since the AT&T store is a couple min down the road. I called today and they said they're opening at 8:00am Friday and they might get a few phones in stock. Honestly that girl I talked to probably has no idea what or how many they're getting. I remember for the 6s the carrier stores had a decent amount. I might call late Thursday to see if they got any 7 Plus Jet Black in stock, if so I'll camp out.

7. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

I am guessing none. Go camp out at an Apple Store. Skip class Friday.

8. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Late production start this year plus only one week lead-in time since pre-orders = fewer than last year if you can get launch day stats for your store. Best guess.

9. SR42 thread starter macrumors member

That was my first thought as well, but I'm guessing to be first in any of the apple lines I'd need to get there earlier thursday, and even then I wouldn't be first especially in a city like Houston or Austin.
    If i go the apple route, how does it work for an apple store in a mall? Do they make you line up outside then let you in in the morning?

10. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Call Apple directly and then the mall security office for specific Mall nfo. There's a lot of disparity.

11. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

They will usually make you line up outside on Thursday. Maybe let you in the mall Friday morning. I would get their by noon Thursday.

12. ARizz44 macrumors 6502

ARizz44

Serious guess 0-3. And they could be any of the size offerings.

13. SR42 thread starter macrumors member

So any guesses on how many jet black plus apple stores will be receiving?

14. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

I bet 20 minimum in each 128 and 256

15. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

If they're a big store, you'll be lucky to have 10-15.

16. SR42 thread starter macrumors member

And are mall stores usually more popular then stand alone? For example Apple Store Houston galleria vs Apple store Highland village

17. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

This is why
    This is why he needs to call the mall office and the Apple Store to verify.

The main Mall here in Aventura stopped allowing people to line up until 6am on launch days.

Security issues and fights between people 'holding spots' for others.

18. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

If it's anything like the Gold 5S, and I think there's reason to believe it's worse, the Apple sores will have a few, as in 3-5 and some Apple stores will have none. I will be surprised if the carrier stores have any.

19. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

According to Madam Rue who contacted Steve Jobs on her Ouija Board, he said "It depends."

20. Videomanmac macrumors 6502

Pay a friend in a 12 pack to stand overnight at the store of your choosing.

If your of age, of course.

21. ARizz44, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016

ARizz44 macrumors 6502

ARizz44

Problem too is unless you get very lucky, most corporate carrier stores, Best Buy stores, and even Apple stores will tell you if you call that they honestly have no idea what they received. Could be lying, I don't know, but I have never had luck calling in the past. They would tell me that they don't open the shipment until after store hours the night before release.

My suggestion, be the first in line if you MUST have it launch day. Not second, not 3rd, etc. I have only lined up one time. It was to get the original plus in 128gb space grey. I was first in line outside of the largest Verizon store in the Chicago burbs. Know how many space grey 128gb they had? One. They had 11 pluses total, mostly 16gb.

22. robotphood macrumors 6502a

Good advice. The best I've gotten in the past is "we'll get this color and size but we don't know how many". Be there first and expect the worst. Apple stores will be better than carriers.

23. Videomanmac macrumors 6502

There will be 0, considering Apple Stores will receive near to 0.