Any headphones that I can use with an iPhone and not have to use an adapter?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Fuzzy Orange, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Fuzzy Orange macrumors 6502

Fuzzy Orange

The Apple earphones kinda stink, and I originally bought the headphone adapter to use my regular headphones with. However, the adapter is a bit too clunky and long, plus with my headphones that I currently have, stick out of my pocket.

So are there any headphones/earphones that can be used with the iPhone, but fit nicely into the headphone port?

2. Maui macrumors 6502a

Maui

Ditto. And they are on sale today at the Apple store.

3. dfnj123 macrumors 6502

4. JakeN488 macrumors member

anyone know if the SUPER.FI 5 EB work without modification?

5. VenomousSVT macrumors 6502

my 80gb Zune 2 headphones appear to push right in.. i need to go grab them and check to be sure but they look like they would work fine, and they sound great

i am sure my Shure e3c's wont plug in though :mad:

6. AztecKing macrumors member

AztecKing

Trim them....

I saw this somewhere and did it to my Shure headphones and it works. Take a sharp knife and trim the plastic or rubber back about an 1/8th of an inch and no deeper than the plug and it fits right in. The place I saw this had replies from a ton of different headphone owners and they all said it works great. Best of all, no stupid adapter. If I find that site I will post it.

Jeff

7. ragecage macrumors newbie

ragecage

I know that Bose just re-designed the plug on their in-ears so it fits with no adaptor.

8. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Same trick worked for my Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 and you can't even tell they've been modified

9. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

10. VenomousSVT macrumors 6502

what other high end headphone have you also used to compare them to? I hate that i had to shave my shures, but I love them, I havent gotten the opportunity to hear the bose though

11. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

For the economy minded...I have been using http://www.rivetnow.com/home/file/product/iproduct_id/109/iPhone_Headset.html since D' Day and have no regrets. They stay secure around my neck, with the loop; They are tangle free; comfortable in ear; sound pretty dang good in the mid to low range; and the mic/in line button works exactly the same as the stock buds. The plug in does NOT require an adapter and fits perfectly without any modification. Cord length is also perfect without all the extra hanging about. These buds sound and work as well or better then any $70 or higher equivalent. When I'm not using bluetooth, then these are my workhorse!

Good Luck!

12. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I've used Shure...

which belong to my brother, and I've used my significant other's Bose over-ear headphones with noise canceling. Both required the adapter! :cool:

13. dfnj123 macrumors 6502

I got the newest shure headphone a few months ago and they work fine with out an adapter

14. VenomousSVT macrumors 6502

i think with the shures it depends on the lineup you got.. the E series have different adapters than the SE series

good to hear they do work though :D

15. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

On sale, as in reduced pricing or for sale. Looked like "for sale" to me.

16. drugs! macrumors regular

id worry more about sound quality and less about fit in the iphone... they make adapters now that are loos se you aren't stuck witha big bulky thing.

also, bose are AWFUL..... if you can't hear that, you aren't getting it

17. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

I think your using to much of your namesake and have no clue what music is suppose to sound like. Bose are awesome and bring music out to its full potential. Even if Bose are not to someones satisfaction, there are plenty of others (at least 2 doz) that now fit into the iPhone without a stupid adapter...and yes maintianing another piece of equipment is a pain and should not be required. Back off of the "medication" and come back to reality!

18. sellitman macrumors regular

sellitman

19. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid