Any hope for selling working iPhone 4 with red indicator?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brarian, Sep 13, 2012.

1. brarian, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012

brarian macrumors newbie

Was planning to sell my 32gb 4 on ebay instant sale and checked my indicators - red on the dock port, clear on headphone. The phone still works well, but liquid damage indicator means it counts as the "not working" condition and makes it worth $100 instead of $235. Would I get a better price on eBay proper or ye olde Craigslist? (I would note the sensor in the condition.)

2. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

You could probably get a better price on Craigslist, its worth putting it up there and seeing what happens.

3. AdamA9 macrumors 6502a

Dumb question. How do you check your indicators?

4. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

There's two external ones, one in the headphone jack hole and one in the dock connector. Shine a light down there and if they are white you are good to go, if they are red they indicate water has touched them.

5. Slash and Burn macrumors newbie

I have the same question. I have an iPod touch 4th generation 32gb that I got wet (went swimming with it for an hour, yes, very stupid I know :p), put it in rice, and it functions perfectly other than a few streaks under the screen ONLY if you hold it at an angle, and, obviously, the water indicator in the headphone jack is tripped. But according to eBay Instant Sale, any liquid damage, even if not actual damage, makes it considered not working. :mad: How much do you think I could get off of it and where, and how long do you think it will last before it dies (if ever)? It has minor scratches on front and back, main damage is a small "deep" scratch (I still consider it "normal wear and tear") on the front. It also has a $35 dollar case on it. I'm looking to upgrade to a 5th generation iPod touch but need some extra cash.

First post by the way :D