Any idea for me to buy 5s with this price?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone5s2013, Oct 16, 2013.

1. iphone5s2013 macrumors member

Any idea for me to buy 5s 16G with this price:

$649 + $51.92 (tax) + $21.02 (money transfer fee) + $70 (ship fee) = $791.94

Is it normal?

Thanks.

2. sundog925 macrumors 6502a

3. dazedxar macrumors member

$70 shipping? Where is the seller shipping from? Mars?

4. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

5. iphone5s2013 thread starter macrumors member

mcdj, dazedxar: the forwarder service gives me that price.
    I am not in US.

6. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

$21.02 (money transfer fee) + $70 (ship fee)

Are you wiring them money? $70 to ship?

Where do you live?

7. redlinux macrumors regular

redlinux

Something tells me this transaction is over paypal. They charge you for a huge chunk when transferring from your CC (as one of your source of funds) to another paypal member (specially if there is a change in currency like USD to any monetary unit and vice versa). Hence, the "money transfer fee".

Can you give us the website that you're planning to buy this phone from? And the country that you're from?

8. scotrinaf macrumors 6502

Buy from eBay, you are overpaying, and likely never going to receive the phone...

9. iphone5s2013 thread starter macrumors member

the forwarder service has no website, face to face for getting the money, then they buy from apple.com ,

I am in Laos,

10. redlinux macrumors regular

redlinux

Okay so they get your money first and then they buy it for you. I wouldn't feel too comfy with this process if I were you. Then again, I don't know these people so just be careful about what you're planning to do. ~$800 is hard to come buy these days.

How about if you buy from Top Rated sellers in eBay with International shipping? Or any trusted 3rd party online stores from your country that sells the 5S?

11. Xerotech macrumors 6502

I would definitely use eBay. They got amazing buyer protection and side with the buyer 99% of the time. This'll save you a huge headache.

The price you pay is what you get. Don't pick those low-feed back shady sellers though.

12. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

People - read the OP's post - he lives in LAOS. You can tell him to buy on eBay but how many people will ship to Laos? None. In fact most members of this forum tell people selling iPhones on eBay NOT to ship internationally.

OP - if a buying service is your only or cheapest choice, then it is what it is. Better than paying $1,000+ for a 16GB Gold iPhone like some of the clowns on eBay.