Any idea to buy new version of Macbook pro in 2014?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mavericks7913, Jun 3, 2014.

1. mavericks7913 macrumors 6502

I watched WWDC 2014 yesterday but I didnt expect that they didnt show up any hardware update. Well I know that they will update around 9~11. BTW Im a photography major student. This is my first Mac computer. I can not wait until November cause I have to have Macbook pro ASAP for courses. Why do I want the newest version? Because I dont want to miss this chance. Also, the retina version is approching end of cycle so I dont want to buy the current version.

Since I have to use for over 4 years, I really want to have the newest version but the circumstance does now allow me to have the new one...

Any ideas for my problem???

2. kelon111, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014

kelon111 macrumors 6502

You do remember that Apple relies on other companies to sell them parts , right?

The next generation of Intel CPUs (code name : Broadwell) has been delayed to Q4 2014 at the earliest. Don't expect to see a Mac with a next generation Intel processor at least until Q4 2014.

Edit: Recently I heard that some companies have been receiving sample chips but I don't know which companies received what.
    Link: http://www.computerworld.com/s/arti...let_laptop_hybrid_with_delayed_Broadwell_chip

If you have to buy a Mac laptop now , just get the 15" model with a GT 750M.

3. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Get a maxed out 15" rMBP refurbed unit from Apple for $500 off the new price. The unit gets full warranty and is eligible for One-to-One service. If you are concerned that it like look damaged, order one. If it is not acceptable, you have 14 days to do a return. If you can want until your state's tax free weekend in August or Sept, you could save at least $100 more in sales tax.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/G...-26ghz-quad-core-intel-i7-with-retina-display