Any idea when the Apple Store will get 64 GB Golds?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by britneyfan, Sep 30, 2013.

1. britneyfan macrumors 6502

Getting an iPhone has been a consumer's worst nightmare.
    I have an October ship date and ordered Wednesday.

I had 7-10 days, but I cancelled it because of false information on the website.

I want to know my best option.

2. StevenT42 macrumors 6502

Yes I have an idea, but I am selling that information to the highest bidder. ;)

3. britneyfan thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha!

I really want this phone and I would even bribe the Apple Store employees to hold one for m. Is that bad? (joking) :D

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

My silver arrived at my house Monday after release so it has not been a consumer's worst nightmare to get an iPhone. :p

If you want gold check stock and wait, that is all anybody could tell you.

5. britneyfan thread starter macrumors 6502

Congrats to you!!! I hope you enjoy it.

I went to the store 4 times last week, even for a 64 gb silver!
    The fact that some people might have to wait until November to get this phone from ordering in September is ridiculous! Sorry! It's not like the phone's free.

----------

QUESTION: Does stock update at 10PM or is it still the same as 9:59?

6. StevenT42 macrumors 6502

Gotta keep a sense of humor about it, glad you're smiling. I ordered mine from Apple Store Online at oh-god-o-clock on day one, and delivery is slated for two weeks later this Friday. It has been the most agonizing wait for something I've ever experienced (the latest agony is that there is a 3-day bank holiday in China, and my precious is sitting in a warehouse until Thursday.)

Apple dramatically underestimated demand for the golds. There were few in store on day one, and although I've heard of supplies trickling in, the color they seem to be getting most of is Space Grey.

Keep vying for in-store pickup, or take the conservative approach and just order it from Apple Online. That way you'll get it in October/November.

7. redlinux macrumors regular

redlinux

January 2014! :p

Kidding aside..probably December 2013? Who knows..

8. sucka free macrumors member

Over pay on eBay or CL and have one today. Or wait like everyone else has had to

9. zipster macrumors 6502

Why would we know over Apple store employees? :confused:

10. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

What false information?

11. mbhforum macrumors 6502

I picked up a gold 64 on Verizon in smith haven mall in Long Island today. It was showing up online "pick up in store". I lucked out according to the rep.

12. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

13. orangecrush1399 macrumors newbie

orangecrush1399

I did the same thing yesterday . Just have to keep watching the in store pickup option.

14. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

You can try this site as well: http://iphone-check.herokuapp.com/

It's a hell of a lot faster than checking through Apple's site, though obviously you'll want to keep Apple's refreshed as well so that if you DO find one on the other site, you can quickly get over to Apple and snag one. I was able to find a gold 64 in South FL yesterday, and apparently they had a few, as it was still showing available for about an hour after I got confirmation on my order.

15. mbhforum macrumors 6502

I decided I might sell my unopened gold. I am debating between keeping my 64gb space gray or gold. I feel like I want the gold now because it's a novelty right now but in 4 months when everyone has them I will tire of it.

16. Breitling65 macrumors 6502

I think they need to include red jacket and gold chain with it :)