Any Idea when we would See "rev 1.xx or 2.0" of the new Imac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by TTBLE, Sep 12, 2007.

  1. TTBLE macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2007
    #1
    As with anything electronic, I ususally wait untill the first maint release or second revision of somehting new so I buy something with less bugs. Any idea when we would see the next revison of the IMAC? Not looking for a Refresh, but a maintnance release that would fix any known issues? Do you think it would be safe to say probably in Oct with the new OS release?
     
  2. togermano macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2007
    #2
    Someone posted that the new new imac isn't considered a new rev since all it is an update to the cpu with glass over the screen and slightly thinner
     
  3. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

    mrgreen4242

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2004
    #3
    There's not really any way to know. You'll have to keep an eye on the various boards (here, the Apple support forums, etc) to see if anyone mentions a hardware change. That said, what issues are you concerned about in the new iMacs? Compared to other new machines, this one seems to have less reported issues than most.

    There's been some trouble with the 24" screens/backlights giving a funny tint, but I think that's been an issue with large LCDs for a long time.

    There's the TN panel in the 20" which may or may not change, it's a "design flaw" not a bug.

    Some scattered reports of overheating due to various faulty components, but that's not likely to change with an updated machine (you'll still get bad drives, etc).

    There's what sounds like a graphics driver bug relating to iTunes, but that's a software issue.

    What are you waiting for them to fix? I'm not trying to say the new iMac is flawless, just that I've not seen any substantial reports of a particular issue (like the RevA G5's were super loud, etc). I'd be curious to hear your concerns are as I am planning on ordering one in the next couple days.
     
  4. TTBLE thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2007
    #4
    No Real specific concerns

    No Real specific concerns jsut trying to figure out if I should order one today or when the new OS is released. I'm not in a hurry but will need a new machine by xmas. Lost my IMAC to a fire so Im using an old IBook to hold me over.
     
  5. Naimfan macrumors 68040

    Naimfan

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2003
    #5
    Then I'd wait until Leopard either comes out or is announced as delayed again......

    Bob
     
  6. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

    mrgreen4242

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2004
    #6
    Ya, if you don't need it now, wait till you can get the new OS for free at least. I'm up against the free iPod deadline, so it keeps me from getting Leopard "free".
     
  7. AlexisV macrumors 68000

    AlexisV

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2007
    Location:
    Manchester, UK
    #7
    Blimey. Think of all the hardware you're missing because of your, if I my be blunt, perceived bugs.

    Just get the iMac. It's brilliant.
     

Share This Page