Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Sir Donut, Apr 5, 2004.
apple is all sold out! such a steal at 1249...any help would be appreciated...
just wait a bit... and check often. they come and go, at least on apple.com...
check dealmac.com for other deals too.
I originally ordered a refurb powerbook 12" on the 23rd of March. Apple revised the ship date 3 different times until I received an email last thursday stating the following.
" Due to an unexpected supply delay, we are unable to ship the following
item(s) by the last date you were quoted:
F9007LL/A, REFURB PBG4 12"/1.0GHZ/256/40/COMBO/-USA
will now ship on or before 04/06/2004
If you prefer, you may change or cancel your order anytime before it
is shipped. If you cancel your order, you will receive a prompt
If we do not hear from you or we cannot ship your order by the revised
date above, we are required by federal law to cancel your order and
issue a prompt refund, and we will do so."
Spoke to an apple rep on friday and it still doesn't look like it will ship.
they dont have the 12 inch 1ghz combo refurbished though....
...but it's too late because I just pulled the trigger on a 1ghz new 12 inch. The lady at the apple store gave me the education discount!!! all I did was call up and ask for a refurbished 'book and she was like "let's see what we can do...how does 1399 for a new powerbook sound...."
*sigh* I'm just happy to get the looking process over with, plus I'm leaving town in a couple of weeks to start a new job....
Sounds like updates tomorrow.
more like quotas for salespeople have to be met by today
Apple Special Deals, Smalldog.com, PowerMax.com. Give Powermax a call and they may be able to hunt something down for you. ie, someone there selling their 12 ich combo.
I had that gnawing feeling that I'd made the wrong decision...I didnt want the 12 inch, I wanted the 15 inch with all that screen real estate at only one more pound! Then I checked apple's refurb section, and the 15 inch 1ghz was back in stock!
...So I called up my parents and convinced them to put it on their credit card, I'm returning the 12 inch-it's coming today.(unless someone wants to buy it from me for 1550 )
The 15 inch is coming soon thereafter