any idea why Apple isn't making an Aluminum unibody iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by animatedude, Aug 10, 2012.

1. animatedude macrumors 65816

i'm so sorry if this was briefly covered in many other threads but i figured this deserves its own thread by now.

ALL Apple major products received the Aluminum treatment, form the iPad to the Mac Mini....any idea why is Apple not making an Aluminum unibody iPhone like this?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

it seems logical Apple would do this after the success of the iPad, maybe it's not technically possible?

2. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

We don't know if they're making an aluminum iPhone yet. Won't nothing til Sep 12. If they do in fact release an aluminum iPhone, I'm assuming its because of all the people dropping their iPhone 4/4S.

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Because cellular radio transmission through metal is very hard. The iPad has a plastic window at the top because of this. The iPhone would need two because of its two cellular antenna. Thus the current rumored 6th generation iPhone design.

4. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Pretty much this.

5. animatedude thread starter macrumors 65816

thanks for the clarification, the above design is not possible i guess.

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Not possible with the current technology. Maybe someday in the future. As of now, the closest the design has ever come to being on an iPhone is the first generation iPhone.