Any ideas of new standard MacBook face lift and WHEN??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mogzieee, Feb 10, 2008.

1. mogzieee macrumors 6502a

Ok, according to the Mac Rumors buyers guide its round about 100 more days before the MacBook should be getting updated.... but.... it's been over 1 and a half years since the MacBook had a new design... will this summer bring a new design.. perhaps to be released at the WWDC?

I'm planning on getting a new Macbook but I will be seriously **** off if they decide to make the design even better this summer!

Any ideas? Responses?

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I don't think the next upgrade will bring a new design, all it will probably be is a small speedbump.

3. eddy64 macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure that a new design will come out at WWDC. If not a new design then at least an lcd screen. 13 inch lcd screens have been out for a while, and several pc laptops use them (like m 1330). An` lcd screen would consrerve more battery and look nicer. It would also make the laptop a little thinner and lighter. If you can wait until june then I would definately recomend the wait.

4. briandadude macrumors newbie

There is a chance for a new design but remember how many issues they bring with them (exploding batteries, discoloration, cracked casing). The current design has been around for a year and a half and will almost assuredly have less problems than a new design would have.

I hope the only update is replacing the screen with an LED like the Air's, making 2GB ram standard (ha, we wish), and making superdrives standard.

5. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

apple normally changes designs very slowly (current mbp is 4 years old). The only rumor I heard is for many more colors to be offered this summer (yellow, pink etc).

6. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

7. khunxhor macrumors member

I have no idea if thats true or not....but it sounds sort of tacky. I mean, the ipods look cute and all with the different colors...but the macbook? White and black are simple, clean, and classy. Anyone agree?....disagree?

8. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

I'm not saying I agree with it either but the truth is that pink computers are very marketable. I read somewhere that the most popular vail color sold is pink.

9. aethelbert macrumors 601

They don't give computers new designs too often. I wouldn't expect a re-designed macbook until next spring (2009). The iMacs went 3 years, the macbook pros use the same design as the late G4 powerbooks used, minis have never been redesigned, Mac Pro has same design as PowerMac G5. I would be surprised to see a redesign this year. New colors, maybe. But metal casing, not likely.

10. MarkW19 macrumors 65816

If done in good/classy colours, it'd be a great idea, I think. To further differentiate from the Air/Pro.

Tangerine iBook anyone? :D

11. khunxhor macrumors member

hmm...maybe...we'll just have to wait and see :):p

12. MacDude415 macrumors member

MacDude415

I agree with khunxhor colors on MacBooks=Tacky.

13. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

*LED, not lcd.