Any images that show the iPhone X stainless steel colours well

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajo, Oct 13, 2017.

1. ajo macrumors 6502

Particularly the silver model.

Im not sure exactly what this looks like, if its too shiny or very scratchy/fingerprint magnet. Im thinking like the original iPods or is this made of stronger stuff?

2. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

check out the apple watch

3. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

Exactly. I have the SS watch. The metal does attract finger prints and gets micro scratches, but those scratches can be polished out with a certain cloth. It’s not particularly hard grade of steel. If yo look on the Watch forum, they’ll link to that cloth on Amazon. It’s a prepackaged wipe that works very well. It doesn’t work for the Steel with the black coating, but evidently that coating is very hard.

The Stainless on the watch really adds a feel of quality that the aluminum can’t match. I’m very excited to see/feel what it does for the iPhone.

4. MrX8503 macrumors 68020

FYI, the white back on the new phones aren’t actually white. It’s off white.

Apple is having a hard time with true colors this year. Another shade of gray, an off white, and copper/rose gold?

5. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

It’s called a cape cod cloth...

6. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Honestly, one of the best investments to retain the shine and look for stainless steel and jewelry in general.

7. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

Are you sure? The space grey on the iPhone 8 and the iPhone x are different.

8. scaramoosh macrumors 6502

Why does everyone care about scratches on Stainless Steel? I get it on Anodised aluminium as it's a coating, but the Steel is pure all the way through. Use the product, you'll be changing it in 2 years any ways.

+ stop wasting your money on screen protectors, if your screen gets scratched... you can change it!

9. Nilhum macrumors regular

Nilhum

Agree with the exception of the screen protector because of the oligiophobic coating. My iPhones have had their coating worn out within four months and then it becomes a fingerprint mess.

10. MrX8503 macrumors 68020

Sure about what? I’m just stating what the colors are on the 8.

11. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

That the white on the back of the x is not actually white ala iPhone 8

12. HEK Suspended

HEK

It’s due to the diversity hiring going on at Apple. They hired color blind people for the color design group.
    Who knew?

13. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

That Cape Cod Polishing Cloth is not exactly what I’d call cheap, but to each his own.

14. MrX8503 macrumors 68020

No one knows. I’m just assuming it’s the same as the 8. The gray appears to be the same too.