Any indications on number of iPhone available on launch day?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spazer, Jul 1, 2008.

1. spazer macrumors member

One of the biggest questions I have right now, and haven't been able to find any solid info on is: how many iPhones are Apple and AT&T going to have available in the US on launch day?

I'm trying to find more data to determine if I need to worry about getting to an AT&T store early on the day of launch in order to secure a black 16GB iPhone.

Has anyone seen reports of launch day stock numbers?

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Nothing has been said.

But they had more than enough phones last year. I can't imagine that, after an entire year of selling iPhones, Apple would somehow be less ready this year than they were last year.

I mean, things went fine last year and they have even more experience now. I can't think of any reason why they shouldn't have enough to keep in stock for at LEAST the full day, and if things go well I doubt they'll run out at all.

Now, maybe a particular AT&T or Apple store will run out, but I'm betting that other stores within driving distance will still have them.

3. aerospace macrumors 6502a

I read the preordered 5million, but whether they are all finished and already in stores...unlikely. I would imagine some stores selling out the first day or 2 but restocking rather quickly. Its not in apples best interest to run out.

4. And5555 macrumors member

Take this with a grain of salt, but my local AT&T representative told me that the store here would have 300 on July 11th (Cedar Park, TX - suburb of Austin - ~60k pop.).

5. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

"more than enough" is open to interpretation. Nearly every AT&T store in the country sold out in an hour or so. Most AT&T stores only got 20-50 phones. Apple stores, on the other hand, had stock trough the weekend for the most part. By Monday, I think every AT&T and Apple store were sold out if I remember correctly.

No one will tell you numbers available unless you know someone really, really, really well that has access to that info.

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Indeed...

This is pretty much what I was thinking of, since in my corner of the world Apple stores are plentiful.

Good to realize this isn't the case everywhere. I was only speaking from my own experience.