Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shankar2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Hi so on ipad I have tons of videos sent to my iMessage.

Is there any iOS app that would let me selectively delete these videos?

I cannot scroll down entire one year of iMessages that contain text photos n videos to selectively choose a few videos! Too cumbersome

Any app?

lemimouth

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2015
Reading that, I'm glad I'm in europe and that no one is actually using iMessage :/

Is it serious ? You have to scroll down to delete photos / videos ?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hi so on ipad I have tons of videos sent to my iMessage.

Is there any iOS app that would let me selectively delete these videos?

I cannot scroll down entire one year of iMessages that contain text photos n videos to selectively choose a few videos! Too cumbersome

Any app?
Is there an 'i' in a blue circle icon you can tap on the top right of the conversation to take you to info it? At the bottom of that screen there is a section for images/videos/attachments where all of those would be grouped together. You can then long press on some of those and delete them or go into "more..." which will allow you to select multiple ones that you can then delete all at once.

itsmilo

Suspended
Sep 15, 2016
Berlin, Germany
Uhm go to settings > general > storage > there is s iMessage setting with all attachments sorted by media type

However i don’t understand how Apple still has not added a ***** delete all button 5 iOS versions later

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.