Any iPads being throttled on Unlimited AT&T plan? Also any tetherers?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macpbr98, Feb 25, 2012.

1. macpbr98 macrumors newbie

Mar 21, 2008
    I anybody being throttled on the Unlimited AT&T Data Plan?

There are tons of stories on iPhone, but I've never heard an ipad being throttled.

Also, AT&T does not offer a tethering option for iPad. Tiered or Unlimited. Anybody tethering successfully on the Unlimited plan and not getting switched to a tiered plan?
  2. aypues macrumors regular

Feb 25, 2012
    San Diego
    I am on unlimited for my iPad and have never been throttled (no tethering). I regularly use 4-5gb/mo. I want to get an iPad3 but am worried AT&T won't allow us unlimited folk to transfer our old plans :( I guess we'll see soon!
  3. Seans419 macrumors newbie

Feb 25, 2012
    Tether from iPhone 4S

I have an iPad 2 as well as iPhone 4S. I bought the iPad 2 with WiFi only because I knew that I could tether from my iPhone (without going through AT&T). Both of my devices are on iOS 5, and both of them are jailbroken via absinthe. I can use FaceTime as well as any other app that I want via 3G, because of a tweak. I use something called an "activator" to turn on my tethering from my locks creen with one swipe of my finger. It's AWESOME, and I paid 19.99 for it, but it's well worth it because I don't have to pay any monthly fee's.