Any issue with AT&T if I swap my new iPhone 4 sim into my 3GS?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jlmitnick, Jul 2, 2010.

1. jlmitnick macrumors regular

So I have a jailbroke / unlocked 3GS. I'm getting the iPhone 4 next week. Once I get the iPhone 4 I will plug it into iTunes and activate it and the new sim. I'm on AT&T in the US. Other than needing a micro-sim adapter, will there be any problem with AT&T or anything if I swap my sim card back and forth between the phones?

2. PLin macrumors 6502

It should work fine. I used my upgrade to buy an iPhone 4, and I ended up selling it, because I want to buy an unlocked one when they are available in Canada. I followed instructions I found online on how to make your own Micro-SIM adapter, and I'm currently using the Micro-SIM in my 3GS with no problems while I anxiously await the Canadian release date.

3. Karnivore macrumors 6502

Karnivore

4. cobaltrich27 macrumors 6502

cobaltrich27

Plastic micro sim adapter works great.

I did it and works just fine.

I bought a plastic micro sim adapter from Ebay found a seller right here in Texas got it in 3 days. Make sure you by the little yellow or blue plastic sim tray not the black plastic or the paper sticker crappy adapter. I was going to use my old Tmobile sims to cut do the mod but I have read those can cause the micro sim to get jammed inside the larger tray slot.

I put mine and my wifes in both of our old 3G's and did fresh installs for them with iOS4. I was able to activate through iTunes and have all features working like they should. I even jailbroke/unlocked both of them and funtioning just fine. I unlocked just for the heck of it planning to test with Tmobile prepaid sim after carrier bundles are ready for Tmobile iOS4.

Last I put the micro sims back into the iPhone 4's and no problems. Been a few days since the test. I looked at my account online nothing strange on my account and the new iPhone 4's work just fine. I also had to call AT&T to add my wife as authorized user and the AT&T rep didnt mention anything strange about my account etc...

Anyways the plastic adapter (brand name is noosyapple.com) is the way to go its perfect design, fits right and looks professional no worries. Im signed up for the Apple Dev program for my iPad, ipod Touch & the iPhones etc... and will be swapping the sims frequently to test so having good quailty parts was important to me.

5. emilaga151 macrumors newbie

Can you guys just clarify this for me since my dad is currently having a similar issue. He is getting an iphone4 tomorrow, but he actually wants to sell it and keep his blackberry. So if he gets this sim adapter will he be able to put the new iphone sim into his blackberry and have it work?

6. cobaltrich27 macrumors 6502

cobaltrich27

Good question Im also curious about this??? I have a Tmobile Blackberry but now with AT&T I want to try unlock the Blackberry and use the micro sim from my iphone 4 just to experiment.

Also experimenting with prepaid Tmobile/AT&T sims I have more research to do. Hoping someone chimes in otherwise will let you know if I find anything.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The microsim adapters will work with any GSM cellphone.
    All they do is turn your microsim card into a full size regural sim thats all.

8. emilaga151 macrumors newbie

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced