Any issues w/Verizon 6S on AT&T (unlocked of course)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TB07-NJ, Sep 28, 2015.

1. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Seems local stores have plenty of VZW Gray 64G 6S+'s in stock but not AT&T version. Any issues with a VERIZON (unlocked of course) version on AT&T? I understand the VZW model is missing the new LTE band but does it really matter (NY/NJ area).

2. JakeT85 macrumors regular

JakeT85

The extra band could become relevant in that area within the next year as I'm sure they have a fairly dense network there and the demand for capacity is high. However, I doubt AT&T is going to reach capacity in that time either, especially with carrier aggregation of the other bands. So I would say go for it. Band 30 will probably play a much bigger role in the decision making process next year.

3. melman101 macrumors 68030

I would get the AT&T one. A few more days isn't going to really matter in the grand scheme of things.

And depending on where you are, I saw a Silver 64GB 6S+ in the Westchester, NY Area on Apple's site to reserve it.

4. TB07-NJ thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks. That's what I figured. I'm currently using a VZW 6+ on AT&T but wasn't sure of the importance of 30. I usually replace the phone every year anyway. I really can't understand why Apple just doesn't make them all the same (with all bands) anyway. I'll bet the other models either have 30 already (has anyone ever done a "live test" and is there a way to see what bands are being used by the phone?) or have it but have locked it down.

5. TB07-NJ thread starter macrumors 68020

Thing is I need it by the weekend.

6. melman101 macrumors 68030

Lawrence Township has 64GB Gold 6S+
    Atlantic City has 64GB Gold 6S+

7. TB07-NJ thread starter macrumors 68020

Yes, thanks, I've been looking and saw them but they are too far and not the color. :) I'm going to go in for the VZW and maybe they will have a ATT cancellation.

8. TB07-NJ thread starter macrumors 68020

Problem solved. Just scored an AT&T one to my spec at Short Hill NJ. Kept watching for a reservation to appear and it finally did. Just picked it up. Even paid with ApplePay/Discover and saved 10%. :D

9. melman101 macrumors 68030

Awesome, I'm glad you made the right choice and went with the AT&T model. I was trying to push you towards that way, without trying to be forceful or inconsiderate. But I think in the long term, you've made the correct choice.

Enjoy it! :)