All iPads Any launch day iPad Air adopters who've had a change of heart: Today is the last day

Discussion in 'iPad' started by duelingdragons, Nov 14, 2013.

1. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

to return your iPad Air to an Apple Store.

I returned mine last night and grabbed a Mini. Much prefer the size.. I switched from a regular Mini last year to an Air, and while the Air was nice and slim, the screen was just too big for me.

The Mini is the perfect sized tablet IMO.

2. da-vid macrumors member

Actually, we still have almost two months because of Apple's holiday return policy.

3. turbineseaplane macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

Which to keep (rMini or Air) is turning out to be incredibly hard for me.

For some things the Air is simply much better, but the one handed portability and "just pick it up" part of the rMini is also wonderful.

Very tough to decide.
    I will say I prefer the way the Air screen looks (have both side by side). Colors just look better (deeper, more saturated) on identical content and settings.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Apple Holiday Return Policy

5. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I bought mine in the store on 11/2. My receipt says the last day to return is 11/16. Either way I am going to exchange mine today.

6. duelingdragons thread starter macrumors 65816

Wow! I honestly didn't know about this - just looked it up. That's just for online orders though.

7. MVallee macrumors 6502a

MVallee

I love the Air. I'm not considering returning it, but I'm trying to decide if I should share the Air with my partner, or get a retina mini so we each have our own iPad.

8. luckylisp macrumors 6502

Does this stand if you bought it in the actual Apple store? Why does it specify Online Apple store? And what if you ordered it online, but picked it up in the store? That's what I did.

9. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

My receipt from the store says 11/16 (I bought it on the 2nd).

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Apple specifies the Holiday Return Policy only for the Apple Online Store and I haven't found any statement that explicitly states that the Holiday Return Policy applies to items bought from an Apple Retail Store. However, I'd expect they would honor it. The best way to find out is to call the store where you bought your product and ask them.

11. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

Not at all, mine is a keeper! I'm not just saying that because I got it from a T-Mobile store & it would be subject to a $75 restocking fee either!

12. luckylisp macrumors 6502

Thanks TWO2SEVEN and GJstudios. I called my local Apple store and they said it's only for products bought at the online Apple store that you have delivered. (I bought online, but picked it up in the store) So that clears that up. A shame it's not the standard policy for all iPads bought at the Apple store during that time period. I bought mine on November 6th and they told me I have 2 weeks.

13. ggibson913 macrumors 6502a

ggibson913

I considered it but I do like the full size screen. I got mine at best buy so have until tomorrow.

14. cchunk macrumors 6502

I bought my air 2 days ago (12th) from the apple store and the employee told me I had until Jan 7th to return my iPad. So unless he was misinformed, you have until then if you bought Iin store

15. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Not if you bought it before the holiday return window began.

16. cchunk macrumors 6502

Well yeah of course. It was for those who bought it after the 1st. But I I'm just saying i was told you have till the 7th of January if you bought in store as well

17. JGWolven macrumors regular

No change of heart here. I would go crazy if I had to use a screen that small. I'm also "future proofing" myself since larger iPhones are, of course, being rumored - I just find it unnecessary to get a tablet that would just be a few inches boost in screen size.

18. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

Absolutely same position here. Can't really afford both and had determined to reduce my gadget hoard. I'm leaning towards the rMini. It doesn't have a nice a screen colour but it's just so portable.

19. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I have one of the dreaded "half tinted" Airs. I am going to exchange it today, but I can't decide whether or not I want the rMini instead. The portability is a factor for me too, but I also use my Air for school work so the big screen is nice.

20. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

Any launch day iPad Air adopters who've had a change of heart: Today is the l...

Absolutely same position here. Can't really afford both and had determined to reduce my gadget hoard. I'm leaning towards the rMini. It doesn't have as nice a screen colour but it's just so portable. And if I don't have both I won't miss the better screen colour.

21. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

No, my heart was set on getting the Air and I'm keeping it. I never considered the Mini this time around because of font size and lousy eye sight. I sold my first generation Mini for the same reason.

22. da-vid macrumors member

My bad. I've only ever bought things from Apple's Online Store!

23. shortcut3d macrumors 65816

The iPad Air was a huge step forward for 10" tablet category. The weight was perfect without a case. Once I added a case it was too bulky. I switched from an iPad 3 to an iPad mini due to weight increase over the iPad 2. Now that the iPad Air and iPad Mini with Retina Display are out and have virtually the same internals, I've reach the conclusion that the smaller size is better for my overall usage. The iPad Air felt like waving around a thin note pad. The iPad Mini feels like a purpose built mobile productivity tool. Yes, full websites are brilliant on the Air. However, I think iOS7 and apps look better on the iPad Mini.

24. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

^This. I love the big size of the Air and would prefer an iPhone with a bigger screen as well.

25. nostresshere macrumors 68030

I would not trust what you were told. Check your receipt as that will rule.