Any luck getting VZW to bump up upgrade date?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mvalia, Sep 15, 2012.

1. mvalia macrumors newbie

Contract ends on Oct 10. Anyone get a manager's approval for an early upgrade? With 2 week delivery, seems like a reasonable accommodation.

2. btdpi007 macrumors member

Reasonable.... Verizon... same thought, now that is funny!

B

3. davidnyjets macrumors 6502

davidnyjets

I had an upgrade due for October 7th. I called Verizon and they said call them after the iPhone announcement. They took care of me. I preordered with an upgrade!

Doesn't hurt to try.

4. wildonrio macrumors 6502

We tried. They are okay with any phone except the iPhone. What did you say to get them to agree?

5. davidnyjets macrumors 6502

davidnyjets

That we've been a customer for years. And have always planned to stay with Verizon. Up until now I've been very happy, etc. etc. etc.

You can always ask to speak with someone about how to go about closing down your account and porting your number to say, AT&T, once you reach your upgrade date and the contract expires. That usually changes their mind. ;)

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You got better chances on hitting the lottery:D

7. sjc83 macrumors 6502

sjc83

I say people just call and ask all they can say is no.

8. sjc83 macrumors 6502

sjc83

VZW Early Upgrade No Problem.

I just got a off the phone with VZW asking for an early upgrade, I was due on 10.10.12. Lady was very nice I asked for a early upgrade said I had my account since 2008 never late etc etc etc. She had no issue moving my upgrade date up.

I made sure I DID NOT MENTION the iPhone at all.

Good Luck,

Sam

9. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

Tried and got shot down. Basically didn't mention the iPhone and just let them know that my current phone is on the fritz. I was told I could call back and they would extend a courtesy early upgrade. However, she said is you want an iPhone 4 or 5 they have an agreement that doesn't allow them to early upgrade. :mad:

10. Geffen macrumors 6502

I basically got shot down as well. my upgrade date is on 10-7-12 and i called and was told they cannot change upgrade dates on iphones. I also stopped into one of the Verizon stores near me and was told the same thing. My upgrade date is not the end of my contract with Verizon so i'm unsure how the poster pulled that off. If you decide to leave Verizon you'll have to pay an ETF since this is only 20 month upgrade eligible.

11. GIZBUG macrumors 65816

GIZBUG

Upgrade date means nothing to me, never going to give up my unlimited plan....that's asking for problems down the road. Especially for a single user.

12. Geffen macrumors 6502

Anyone else successful in getting Verizon to move up their early upgrade date?

13. mvalia thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried and was denied. Don't understand why we can't just pay the 20 dollars or so left in the subsidy to free us up early.

Do you really think having unlimited data is worth paying full price for the phone? Based on my usage, even a new 6GB shared plan would be $60 cheaper than my current plan.

I hope I can walk into a store on 10/9 and grab a phone with no lines or hassle.