All iPads Any mini owners thinking of getting Air and keeping their mini for portability?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by princebig7, Nov 1, 2013.

1. princebig7 macrumors member

I've been wanting the retina mini for the longest time, now I'm unsure if I want air instead if the weight is really that similar to the mini. Any 1st gen mini owners keeping there mini as portable device and getting an Air??

2. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

I thought about it, but no, it's best to wait for Retina Mini. You will not want that blurry Retina screen of the current once you know Retina Minis are out. It's only a few weeks of waiting. I don't recommend any Mini users get on the Air bandwagon unless they are truly comfortable with the feel of larger iPads, because even if it's lighter, it's still got quite a large size to it.

3. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I am unsure yet if I will keep my Mini BUT it is cellular and the Air I bought isn't.

So far using the Air, if the Mini wasn't cellular I probably would dump it.

4. cardfan macrumors 65816

Yeah, the weight wasn't really the issue with me. It's just that the Mini was and is the superior form factor for me given what I use a tablet for.

The Mini was meant to be held. The full sized ipad was meant to be propped. The Air's updates doesn't really change this aspect.

To be honest, if I wanted a full sized ipad, I'd go for an ipad 4 refurb.

5. princebig7 thread starter macrumors member

My current mini is 16gb wifi. Wanted to make the big jump to a 128gb tmobiles cellular retina mini or Air. My heart has always been set on mini for the same reasons as most such as weight and form factor. Now I'm thinking maybe I should just pay 100 more for the bigger screen and just keep my current first gen mini but I'm currently torn at the moment. Didn't want to blindly per order the air before really holding it and trying it out.

6. Jasmynp macrumors 6502

Jasmynp

Nah. I'm going to wait for the iPad mini retina (wasn't going to buy first, but I am now) The air doesn't allow for one handed usage and like the other poster said, the mini screen will seem inferior next to the retina air so I'd be angry the whole time I was using my air one handed in bed while a beautiful retina was in my office unused.

7. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Please tell me that was a typo. Blurry retina screen?

8. princebig7 thread starter macrumors member

Ughhh I think it's so dumb how they don't at least have a retina mini as a demo in store so you can compare the two.

9. freediverdude macrumors 6502a

I have a mini currently and went ahead and ordered an Air to try it out. I guess we'll see! It just looks to me like there's not going to be a whole lot of difference between the two, and the mini may be tough to get for months.

10. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

I was going to wait for the retina mini, but bought the Air. It was the weight of the 3rd/4th gen that drove me to the mini. The air is perfectly comfortable for one hand use for long periods.