Any naked 6/6+/6S/6S+ users mind sharing some quality photos of the wear on the phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spazma7ik, Sep 12, 2016.

1. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

Heavily debating going naked for my iPhone 7+ and was curious as to how others held up. Obviously cracked screens are welcomed but not exactly what I'm hoping to see.

EDIT: Mainly interested in seeing the back of the phone!

2. bhall110 macrumors regular

I don't have any pictures for my 6s+ but i can say that it has worn in quite nicely. Very few scratches on the body or screen. I dropped it once and it has a small scratch from that. Most of the scratches are on the bottom part of the camera lens. Not the actual lens but the metal ring around it. I will not be using a case on my 7+.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Never been in a case. Be a year in October. I don't use cases and every iPhone I've ever owned has been used without a case.

2016-09-12 16.20.36.jpg 2016-09-12 16.20.45.jpg 2016-09-12 16.20.56.jpg 2016-09-12 16.21.03.jpg 2016-09-12 16.21.41.jpg 2016-09-12 16.21.50.jpg 2016-09-12 16.21.58.jpg 2016-09-12 16.22.13.jpg 2016-09-12 16.22.19.jpg

4. off_piste macrumors 6502a

All four corners scuffed. I managed to drop the phone a lot and usually on concrete...must be getting old and losing coordination.

Only four scratches on the back. Two really fine ones I just noticed while looking now and two that I'd classify as spots where it's shorter and wider than a scratch. Out of all those only one is noticeable when casually glancing.

I also have a dented bottom of the phone on the Lightning port (oddly enough it happened during brief period I was using a case) and a cracked screen in the corner but still on the bezel. Not real noticeable.

Probably won't make you feel better but this thing was dropped a lot.

5. mhoepfin macrumors regular

Never drop mine and dont use a case. Looks brand new, keep it in my pocket by itself.

6. bhall110 macrumors regular

Same front right pants pocket get my phone any nothing else.

7. off_piste macrumors 6502a

I go front left pocket but then all my damage was the result of clumsiness, not pocket damage.

8. Eggtastic macrumors 6502a

Eggtastic

I actually used a pop on spigen case, but always took it off when I arrived at home. However, even with the limited use of the spigen, over time dust particles got trapped under it and caused some minor scratches only visible if you are looking at it from a foot away. Also probably doesn't help that taking the case on and off again might have caused the scratches.

Anyway, it's a gamble to go naked (both with the phone and in public). A good medium would be using this thin profile cases if you baby your phone but want the added protection from scratches. I have a death grip whenever I take my phone out of my pocket (which happens to be the cause of a lot of dropped phones).

9. err404 macrumors 68020

I have never used a case and my 2 year old iP6 has fallen more times than I can count. Usually from 2-3 feet onto wood or tile. I also have a 2 year old son who likes to knock my phone off of tables, or right out of my hand. It has a couple of light scuffs, but nothing serious. Att is going to take it on Friday for a $650 credit towards on my new 7.

10. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

I really had to do a double take on what the OP was asking for in the title!!

11. spazma7ik thread starter macrumors 6502a

This is great, thank you. The phone looks pretty damn good to me and certainly makes me feel more comfortable about ditching the cases. I'm pretty careful with my phone's and almost never drop them with cases, so I think being even more cautious without one would serve me ok.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 12, 2016 ---
    I just re-read it and yeah, skip over a couple words and we're in dangerous territory. Oops.

12. AhemThisGuy macrumors member

13. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

I bought three different cases... they're all in a drawer now. The 6s+ is too sexy to cover up.

Mine looks brand new, not a single scratch or ding after 5 months. It only goes in my pants pocket, alone.

14. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I'm just here for the naked pictures. ;)

15. bhall110 macrumors regular

The best way to go no case is to buy a case that is very easy to take on and off and if you are in a high risk environment then put the case on.

16. dusters711 macrumors regular

Been naked with the 6S (actually each iPhone since the 4S for me) since day one. Not a mark, scuff, or blemish on the back or front. Never had any issues. I've never scratched the screen or back on any of my naked phones. No photos needed because looks brand new.

17. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Here's what I do.

Generally, I wear cargo pants so it goes in a side pocket all by itself. Back pocket if no side pocket. Never with anything else.

It rides in two specific spots in both my cars, one of which has a leather cover it sits on top of.

At home or work it sits in a business card holder or on the couch arm next to me. I only place it face down for specific things; if it's going to scratch I don't want that scratch on my screen. And if I put it down on a hard surface I usually stick something under it.

I handle it with two hands.

I have dropped it a few times, trying to pick it up. A fall of an inch or less. I've had a few falls and drops that have been about 2-3 feet but those were all on carpet. I'm careful with it when I get in and out of my car.

Pretty much how it's stayed scratch free.

18. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Been naked since day 1 on my 6+. I'll try to get some pics.

But if I had to emphasize something.. it truly looks like it's been naked for 2 years..

19. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

in a case from day one and till now not even a single scratch

20. ZebraDude macrumors 6502a

ZebraDude

I was born naked, hopefully this helps.........;)

21. off_piste macrumors 6502a

Continuing on my theme of dropping my iPhone this just happened tonight. iPhone shattered my saucer but no damage to the phone. [​IMG]