Any news on the iPhone 5 coming to sprint?

marddin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Thinking about switching service to sprint. Much cheaper with a business sprint account. I want to hold out until the iPhone 5 comes out though.

Will it come out in the same timeframe as AT&T?

Thanks, also if anyone would like to share their experience with sprints mobile service I'd greatly appreciate it.

marddin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Thanks for the info, could someone share their experience with sprints voice and data?

Rhei

macrumors member
May 16, 2011
Unfortunately that all depends on where you live. I've been considering switching from AT&T to Sprint or Verizon myself, so I've been doing a lot of research as well. I hear varying extremes of opinions online about Sprint, but something that was fairly common was that their data network, while unlimited, was nigh unusable. It may be different for you if you live in one of the few cities where they've rolled out 4G towers (they just did this within the last half year I believe. I live in one of the cities but can't attest to it's efficacy as I'm still with AT&T). A website I've found that seems fairly useful and even-handed is http://www.rootmetrics.com/

From what I understand, they gather data from actual users via apps on their phones, so it's less of a survey and more of a "Here, run this and we'll take a record of it." Hope that helps.

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
I'm sure they will get it at launch this year. Can you port a number on launch day without entering a carrier store?