Any news on the iPhone 5 coming to sprint?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marddin, Aug 26, 2012.

1. marddin macrumors 6502

Thinking about switching service to sprint. Much cheaper with a business sprint account. I want to hold out until the iPhone 5 comes out though.

Will it come out in the same timeframe as AT&T?

Thanks, also if anyone would like to share their experience with sprints mobile service I'd greatly appreciate it.

2. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

Yes, it will most likely come out in the same time.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, Sprint has a contract with Apple to sell a set amount of iphones within the next 4 years.
    So they will be getting it same time as everyone else.

4. marddin thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the info, could someone share their experience with sprints voice and data?

5. Rhei macrumors member

Unfortunately that all depends on where you live. I've been considering switching from AT&T to Sprint or Verizon myself, so I've been doing a lot of research as well. I hear varying extremes of opinions online about Sprint, but something that was fairly common was that their data network, while unlimited, was nigh unusable. It may be different for you if you live in one of the few cities where they've rolled out 4G towers (they just did this within the last half year I believe. I live in one of the cities but can't attest to it's efficacy as I'm still with AT&T). A website I've found that seems fairly useful and even-handed is http://www.rootmetrics.com/

From what I understand, they gather data from actual users via apps on their phones, so it's less of a survey and more of a "Here, run this and we'll take a record of it." Hope that helps.

6. batting1000 macrumors 604

Voice is good but data is subpar depending on where you live.

7. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I'm sure they will get it at launch this year. Can you port a number on launch day without entering a carrier store?