any november upgraders having Apple Store Luck?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by apple.pseudofan, Nov 2, 2011.

1. apple.pseudofan macrumors regular

I'm one of the luck November upgraders who had my day moved to the first but cannot find a phone anywhere in town. I am prepared to go to one of 3 apple stores Saturday if need be but am not sure if they have stock either. Anyone having luck with reserving in store and getting one anytime the last few days?

FYI, I am in California Central valley. Can to to LA, San Luis, Valencia, Fresno.

2. radiotowers macrumors member

Not yet. We have one Apple store here in Richmond, VA. The other closest ones are about a 1.5–2 hour drive away. I tried the reservation system last night, but they had none of the models I wanted/needed. Even the ones that were available to reserve at 9:00 PM were already gone by 9:01. Crazy.

After talking with the folks at the Apple store here over two days, it sounds like they often have Verizon and Sprint stock, even for walk-ins, but AT&T is much harder to come by. Unfortunately I need AT&T.

If I have no luck reserving tonight, I'm pretty sure I'm just going to order online and wait for it to come to me. I don't have time to chase iPhones all around town.

3. hard-case macrumors regular

hard-case

11/25/11 upgrade date here. Yesterdat I came across the thread about the date being pushed up, so I checked and sure enough it was! I was lucky enough to get through the reservation system last night and picked up a black 32GB AT&T model at lunch today.

All I can say is start early on the reservation system. I had a few windows open (one to Cherry Hill, one to Sagemore, the two closest apple stores) and started checking in around 8:55 or so. The reserve system went down shortly after I got through...and interestingly enough even though I hit it at the right time, IIRC the only available models in AT&T were 32GB black and 16GB white. Don't know if that's due to already reserved items or if it is based on what shipments are expected at store.

When I was checking in a few people were asking about 4S availability, and they were being told they were all sold out already.

4. radiotowers macrumors member

I've also found that the Apple Store iOS app seems to work a lot more reliably than their reservation website, FWIW.

5. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

I've just run into the problem that i want a 16GB model, i'd prefer black but i may choose white, but most likely not.

I tried both apple stores near me. One didn't have ANY to reserve at 9pm last night, the other had only 32GB each color for AT&T and those went rather fast, and then sprint and verizon both had a decent amount of 32 and 64.

Not a single carrier had any 16GB models last night. I'm really hoping soon that they will just get a random big shipment and i can catch a reservation.

Also as of tomorrow apple is putting up their in store pick-up for online orders. So if i can't get anything by mid next week, i may just order online, then move my order to get an in store pickup and have it notify me when a store near me has my order ready.

6. Prototypical macrumors 6502

Prototypical

I can second this. I was trying on my home machine and the iPad at the same time, and the iPad was a piece of cake. The desktop struggled and errored out constantly on the primary Apple site.

7. rkeato1 macrumors regular

So tomorrow they'll add the option to order online and have it shipped to the retail location?

8. mac mac mac macrumors regular

AT&T moved my eligibility up from 11/22/2011, and was able to pick up the white iPhone 4S 32GB from the Bellevue Square Apple Store (near Seattle). I didn't have a reservation, just walked in :D

9. radiotowers macrumors member

Huh. That sounds like a good option, so I don't have to wait around for FedEx. Where'd you see they were going to start doing that tomorrow?

10. msooffutt macrumors newbie

I called apple today to find out if I could buy the original applecare for the iphone 4s. He said no, but said that if I bought the phone today he could give me a discount. So I ended up getting 10% off of the phone and 10% off of applecare plus, with a total of $50 off the total purchase. I got the 64g model.

11. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87