Any of you also plans to specialize your iPhones in memory of Steve

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Muro, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Muro macrumors 6502

Will inscript my first iPhone the 4S, with iPhone 4Steve as a tribute.

2. Muro thread starter macrumors 6502

What is there so funny about this man?

3. jesses macrumors regular

jesses

4. shadrap macrumors 6502

5. tann macrumors 68000

I am sure someone will make the perfect background pic, with an inspirational/visionary quote or two.

6. Muro thread starter macrumors 6502

iPhone 4mySteve now that would be obsessive. I think it's a nice link...

1955-2011 sounds a bit to morbid to me, no thanks.

Oke whatabout iPhone 4bySteveJobs?

7. AFPoster macrumors 65816

Well if you think about it- iPhone 4S is basically like saying "iPhone 4 Steve". Pretty awesome if you ask me.

8. Muro thread starter macrumors 6502

Here you are finally someone who sees sense in things.

9. shadrap macrumors 6502

10. salacious, Oct 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2011

salacious macrumors 6502a

i believe the slogan was *Think Different* now that with a good image is the perfect logo which doesnt directly or indirectly indicate steve jobs but also it does preserve his memory

11. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

I respect Steve Jobs....but really?

I'm also shocked to see other posts of people saying they "woke up crying" this morning from his passing.

Not trying to sound cruel but I'm just shocked...

12. Muro thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh come on, why worry about changing a device in honour to the man who made it possible for you to hold it in your hand. iPhone or Steve Jobs on your iPhone, what's the big deal they are the same.

13. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

14. Muro thread starter macrumors 6502

I see what you mean and I also don't go in that greath lengths as crying and such. But Apple, iPhone and Steve Jobs are all of the same branding.

----------

Oke this is nice!

15. Pooshka macrumors 65816

Grammatically incorrect.

Do you ever say: I read a book for by Conan Doyle. This song is for by Madonna.

iPhone 4S literally means iPhone 4=four=for S=Steve, which translates into iPhone For Steve. No need for unnecessary preposition 'by'.

16. lionqueen macrumors 6502

I don't think you get it. Who says 4 means "four"? Thats YOUR assumption. What Muro means is obviously 4 as in 'the iphone 4’. You can't say you didn't get that-don't be obtuse. I think '4bySteve' (as in, theiphone4by Steve Jobs) is fine. I might get some kind of jobs related inscription myself-maybe a quote of his.

17. BBC Model B macrumors newbie

Did you inscribe your CD collection when Michael Jackson died? Did you write on all your books when Arthur C Clarke died? Scribble on your DVDs when Gene Roddenberry died? Engrave your wristwatch when Albert Einstein died?

Almost acceptable if he was a friend or family member. If not, then insulting to his actual family and friends - it is their grief. This is not about you. Go about your life. Find someone new to obsess over.

18. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

I mean, we made it possible for being willing to plunk down a lot of money for one. Doesn't take away from his brilliance but I mean, you didn't know him. He was a guy who made cool products.

19. Savor Suspended

Savor

Mostly likely just keep the ones I own and never sell them.

Got a iPhone 2G yesterday the day Steve Jobs died without knowing he did until about three hours later once I got home from watching 50/50 (cancer movie). Coincidence.

You can say I now own both the first and last iPhone that Steve Jobs has ever introduced on stage. Will NEVER sell them and keep them for sentimental reasons.

Perhaps get a case that the Hong Kong teen had designed using his silhouette. They can even add this as an option for the next iPhone's back with that logo. A special iPhone with his logo on there. Fairly subtle and simple the way Steve would want it.

[​IMG]

Tweets

20. Muro thread starter macrumors 6502

Man I'm Dutch but I clearly though the brains of mAcrumors are above average which ends me to say. Is it correct if I put spaces between it,
    iPhone 4 by Steve Jobs(like in made by Steve Jobs) and don't start commenting No it's been made by a poor Chinese fellow.

----------

Nice you understand me. about the iPhone 4Steve thingy even in Holland on the news it is been used. And I must say I stated this comment 2 hours after the news of his death on Macrumors forum, I have proof.

Not that it's a big thing but the chances are great I was first .

----------

And what about the suckers who tattoo a name of a girl who break up afterwards. To each his owns, I did/t cry about him but I honestly saw him as a sort of hero and this is my way to pay tribute to the device I'm holding in my hands.

21. trajen macrumors 6502a

22. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

You're incorrect if he means it's the iPhone 4 "by" Steve Jobs as in Steve Jobs' creation.

23. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

No.

Some people need to find outside interests.

24. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

What would be the easiest way to get this onto the back of my phone? Does anyone know of a place where stickers like this are sold, or where I can customize iPhone skins?

[​IMG]