Any of you didn't go Try on just to keep that "wow" effect?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MrLoL, Apr 12, 2015.

1. MrLoL, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015

MrLoL macrumors 6502

MrLoL

I was wondering if anyone wanted to keep the excitment for the unboxing, and experience the "wow" feeling on 24th. (Or later)
    I personally didn't try my ordered model yet and wanna wait for it sight unseen.

2. shenfrey macrumors 68000

Did any of you didn't go Try on just to keep that "wow" effect?

I went and now I am even more excited. I regret it actually because the wait is gonna feel that much longer now lol

3. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

Same... I can't wait!

4. robbie12345 macrumors 6502

I went yesterday to try it on, even though my sport doesn't arrive until june. I figured its so long away and I need to see if Im going to cancel the preorder or not. Now I'm not haha. I also liked trying on the more expensive bands and seeing how they felt. The standard was quite heavy especially with the link band. Also, I didnt like the milanese loop as much as I thought I would. I really liked the leather band with the standard edition, it had a very, very rich look to it.

Also, the watch was much smaller in person than I thought it would be. Its no where near as thick as the moto 360, and looks like a normal watch on your wrist.

5. Sharkey311 Suspended

Going to the try on was the best thing I could do. I was beyond torn about which one to get, and now I am 100% confident about the one I want. It is such a relief after thinking constantly about which one to get and changing my mind a thousand times. Now I just want the 24th to get here.

6. GrumpyMom macrumors 603

GrumpyMom

After reading about other people's experience with it, it sounded so unbearably awkward for salesperson and shopper alike that I've decided to skip it for now.

7. CC117 macrumors 6502

CC117

This is me also.

I had accepted the 2 week wait and was being patient but after trying it on the wait is agonising. I just want it now! :D

8. d.steve macrumors regular

To each his own, but IMO, thats a pretty weak reason not to, unless your motto is ignorance is bliss.

There are far better reasons not to. Too far, no time, sure of choice, simply not convenient, or just not necessary (if picked wrong, will just return later), etc

9. abw2002 macrumors newbie

10. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

I choose to keep the "magical moment " to myself. For me the fun is in the self discovery.

11. Lynnie27 macrumors member

Ditto. I want to open that box and see it for the first time, discover it all on own. I used to absolutely hate when phone shops insisted on opening a phone to insert a sim card and talk me through how it works, that discovery moment is the best thing in the world to me.

12. SammyAguadilla macrumors member

SammyAguadilla

That and because the nearest store is 975mi from my house.

13. Jungo macrumors regular

same

i have an apple store just 8 miles away but I'll lay low and have my magic moment at my house ... I don't want to cheapen the reveal. - I was it ON MY WRIST.

SS 42 classic - 3:04

I am very excited to hear they look better in person.

for Year I've been yelling TAKE MY MONEY - we'll were past that ....

Can't Wait - EVEN to hear others that get theirs before HERE at MRF celebrate.

14. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Ours was fun. Give it a shot. It's all in the attitude of the shopper plus the sales associate. I let mine start out the session and after he put a watch on me and one on my husband, it got really flexible and he let us play with them. We treated the watches respectfully, and he treated us like we weren't going to break them or drop them on the floor.

You get what you give. :)

15. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

From the amount of try on threads and comments I thought I was the only one. Lol. I decided that I was gonna order the 42mm SS w/black sport band right after the pricing came out. From that point I knew I didn't want to see or experience anything with the watch until it arrives at my door. I'm happy that a lot of u are even more excited then u were before seeing it, but a lot of responses have been negative. I'll form my opinion while opening the box on my own time when my watch arrives. Which hopefully is on the 24th!

16. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

That is exactly why I haven't gone.

The waiting is the hardest part.

17. Apollonian macrumors 6502a

Apollonian

I was hesitant that going would ruin the at home unboxing and "reveal" but having gone and tried on multiple models I am even more excited to get this thing! I'm happy I went and don't feel it ruined anything about when mine arrives!

18. jbizzybeetle macrumors regular

Yes, did in part go for the thrill. Store and AngieA let me down.
    No 42 SS with Milanese as I had ordered, clumsy salesperson handling (see separate post on Ft Worth store), and no SS SB to try on for possible future order.
    I could have waited til my one to one Thursday and saved the gas.

19. Pinksteady macrumors 6502a

Pinksteady

I wanted to do that but also wanted to try it on to make sure I got the right size so he an appointment.

20. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    It's only 4/100 inch less thick than the current (*) Moto 360.

As we've been finding out, the perception of thickness depends a lot on what angle we're looking from. From straight on, they all look thin. From the side, they all look thick :)

(*) The next version is supposedly thinner, and will come in two diameters.

21. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Yup, me too. Plus I got to see what I actually ordered, so I don't wait until May to know if I will like it or not!

22. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

I went in while very tipsy (after a dinner) 15 minutes before closing.

Now the wait is much easier.

23. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Reading that over and over again hurt my brain as I tried to discern what you were asking. ;)

For me, seeing it in-person doesn't take away anything for me; in fact, it enhances my excitement for it. I've played with a Watch twice in the past two days and it looks and feels great to me, and I want to have my own now more than ever.

I did the same thing when the first iPad was launched; I waited for the 3G model but several times went to Best Buy to play with wifi-only floor models and they got me really amped up for getting my own. Just seeing what it can do and getting a taste makes me hungry to have it for myself. :cool:

24. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

25. MrLoL thread starter macrumors 6502

MrLoL

I had that effect with my iPhone 6, great memories :)
    Hopefully, on 24th it will be even more exciting!