Any of you old enough to remember Walmart back in the day?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MuddyPaws1, May 29, 2013.

1. MuddyPaws1 macrumors 6502

The other thread got me remembering back in the day. Any of you remember the time when everything in Walmart was made in the USA? I can remember banners all over the store and signs on the stuff telling you where it was made. Like this one:

[​IMG]

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I don't know what you mean by "back in the day," but Wal-Mart has carried items NOT made in the USA for as long as I can remember - like back in the early '80's.

3. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Agreed. and even with that, Walmart back then wasn't the Walmart everyone remembered.

The Walmart everyone 'remembers' from back in the day was the one where Sam offered donkey rides for free every day and had them placed in proximity to any and every Ben Franklin store.

That, and the fact that no Walmart existed above Washington D.C., or the Mason-Dixon line.

BL.

4. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

"Everything?" Are you certain that ever really happened?

Source

5. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I'm really sorry you were banned so you can never participate in this thread you made this morning. Farewell! *waves and looks off into the distance*

6. vrDrew macrumors 65816

There is an article (from 2003) in Fast Company about the realities of doing business with Wal-Mart. It makes for interesting reading.

7. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

I read somewhere that their tagline used to be "Always the lowest prices, always", until it was proven to be false advertising and they had to change it.

8. thekev, May 29, 2013
    Last edited: May 29, 2013

thekev macrumors 604

thekev

He only mentioned two accounts. How do you know he doesn't have more doppelgangers?

Edit: There can be only one (account).

9. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

... You mean before the evil children took it over?