1) Yellow screen tint at the bottom, which seems to be pretty common (as both I have had have had it) but isn't really noticeable unless you're looking for it. Downside of reading stuff on forums. Make sure the lid closes nicely, both latch, and the screen doesn't bend up at the corners a lot.1) Is there anything to look out for on these models sans graphics card or were they solid machines?
2) Are they lacking any of the multitouch functionality of the pros?
3) SL is no problem, correct?
4) How much worse are the screens in terms of brightness/contrast/crispness compared to the unibody? I'm expecting them not to be as good, but I would still expect them to be pretty good, and not far off from the unibodies.
My Feb 2008 was still working great when I sold it last week... I took out Apple Care and that is one of the things that helped me sell it... I am laptopless now waiting on the refresh ?Make me feel better about possibly picking up a pre-unibody machine just because I want one to replace my air, even though I already have a unibody MBP as well. I just like the design, tell me happy stories.
Where to start....Anyone else?
Everything in my body says "bad financial decision" but no matter how much I try to be happy with what I have and just forget about selling my base Air for a Pro (of whatever iteration) I just can't do it and always find myself looking at the pro lustfully. All that silver is so sexy too.
The model I would be likely getting would be a 2008 model, model number MB133LL/A, with the 2.4/2/200 setup and LED backlit screen. These machines were sold in my pre-Apple days, so...
1) Is there anything to look out for on these models sans graphics card or were they solid machines?