Any of you tried the dual sim card adaptors for the 3GS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chiefroastbeef, Oct 28, 2010.

1. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

Hi guys,

My father already has a dual sim card Samsung phone (which cost a pretty penny), however, he hates it and asks me to look for another one. He wants to be able to use receive and call with both sim cards in either Hong Kong, China, or abroad.

He loves his 3GS (Hong Kong unlocked, 3.1.3, jail-broken for a Chinese writing app), and I seen some dual sim card websites that says the product will work on the iPhones. For example the company Simore, this website.

I'm just wondering if any of you tried a product similar to this and had any success? He will be on the Smartone Vodafone Hong Kong network, and China Mobile, or China Unicom network in China. I have yet to find any credible source that says a dual sim card adapter will work, so I am a bit reluctant.

Thanks!

2. chiefroastbeef thread starter macrumors 6502a

Upon further research, I don't think it would be possible even if the dual sim adapters worked for the iPhone, the adapter companies themselves state that the two sims cards cannot be on standby at the same time, the user must switch between them to use the individual sim cards.

Sorry for creating this thread.