Any Official Word On Any Of The Big Twitter Apps On Push?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by MadGoat, Jun 25, 2009.

1. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

Have we heard we heard anything from the major twitter app players about a push twitter client (P.S. I'm not referring to the little twitter apps no one uses)

I can't seem to find anything on any of their sites/blogs/tweets about any upcoming push capabilities.

...And IM+ is not a twitter client either.

2. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

At least one of them are claiming it is not possible without twitter doing something.

Unless the use of the API specifically prohibits what would need to be done that is not true, but it would involve additional cost and infrastructure, that it does not seem anyone is running into head first.

Perhaps someone is working on it.

3. MadGoat thread starter macrumors 65816

MadGoat

Kinda what I'm figuring since it doesn't really lend itself to pushes without the Twitter App server constantly polling your account and using up your API calls.

And it wouldn't be instant either, not enough API calls to run one every second, and imagine how taxing that would be as well.

4. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

how would this work anyway?? If I follow lets say 300 people, and they update every 10 minutes, all that would be pushed to me??

5. macfan881 macrumors 68020

i think it would be like how mobile updates work for your phone you can select wich people u wanna recive push updates from thats what my guessing would