Any one else disappointed by the “New iPad/Apple Tv” ???

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Gears of Apple, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Gears of Apple macrumors newbie

I sold my 1st gen one, ready to get one. I went to the apple store today to try it out and i was not fessed, i am just not feeling it. New apple tv.. ok really wanted the app store on the apple tv! wanted a better viewing layout on "computers"

Get the iPad 2? that's has mirroring with airplay... iPad 1 = wow iPad 2 = double wow iPad 3/the new iPad = Nice new screen, really nice tho

Anyone else?

2. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

3. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I am not sure what people are looking for from these new iPads. I am not feeling is very very vague. If u just say u are not feeling it, then u probably don't need iPad and bought one.

I am not dissatisfied with new iPad. People need to go study what 2048 x 1576 resolution means...

Resolution like that on 9.7 inch?

But I buy iPad because I like iOS and apps.

4. kxfrog macrumors regular

What were you actually expecting? The new iPad does everything the last we did but better and the screen is insane!

5. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

Insane is not the word. It is ineffable!!! I was a little hesitant to upgrade from the 2 but when I saw the screen all my reservations flew away. Plus AT&T's LTE network in my area is awesome so I'm getting excellent coverage everywhere. It was well worth the purchase.

6. kxfrog macrumors regular

Your lucky man, no LTE in the UK at all :(

7. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

Oh man, sorry to hear that. Hopefully you guys will get it soon.

8. nfl46 macrumors 603

The screen won me over. I always complained that the iPad 1 and 2 screen should be better, now it is. Apple has me addicted to high quality screens. Pixelated is so old school. Jk. :)

9. kxfrog macrumors regular

10. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

My first Apple TV and I must say the interface is annoying. I have hundreds of TV shows on my Mac and there doesn't appear to be a way to sort by unwatched by series or any other sort mechanism other than title or show.

I've only had it a few hours but it seems like the least intuitive Apple product I've ever used.

I do love watching on my TV now though.

Cheers,

11. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Even when we do, it's going to be on different frequencies so this model iPad's LTE will never work in the UK :(

Sources
    Wired
    The Guardian
    Mobile Review

12. MrBambinoDent macrumors regular

I'm not disappointed at all.
    It's awesome and the screen is nice. Can't you notice how text look on this one ?:cool:

13. Bad.Hat.Harry macrumors newbie

Bad.Hat.Harry

They should be releasing an update to address that issue. You used to be able to sort alphabetically by show name. It appears to be a bug that came with the recent apple tv update and iTunes 10.6.

14. davedvdy macrumors regular

I agree...really able to tell the difference with text right from the start.

15. jacobo007 macrumors member

Quick question about the Apple TV.

As i recall, the Apple TV2 lost the ability to buy movies and TV shows and went exclusively with a renting model.

I am seeing in the apple website that you can buy and rent now, did i miss something? is this new? am i confused?

Thanks.