Any one else disappointed by the “New iPad/Apple Tv” ???

Gears of Apple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2011
I sold my 1st gen one, ready to get one. I went to the apple store today to try it out and i was not fessed, i am just not feeling it. New apple tv.. ok really wanted the app store on the apple tv! wanted a better viewing layout on "computers"

Get the iPad 2? that's has mirroring with airplay... iPad 1 = wow iPad 2 = double wow iPad 3/the new iPad = Nice new screen, really nice tho

Anyone else?

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
I am not sure what people are looking for from these new iPads. I am not feeling is very very vague. If u just say u are not feeling it, then u probably don't need iPad and bought one.

I am not dissatisfied with new iPad. People need to go study what 2048 x 1576 resolution means...

Resolution like that on 9.7 inch?

But I buy iPad because I like iOS and apps.

kxfrog

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2009
UK
I sold my 1st gen one, ready to get one. I went to the apple store today to try it out and i was not fessed, i am just not feeling it. New apple tv.. ok really wanted the app store on the apple tv! wanted a better viewing layout on "computers"

Get the iPad 2? that's has mirroring with airplay... iPad 1 = wow iPad 2 = double wow iPad 3/the new iPad = Nice new screen, really nice tho

Anyone else?
What were you actually expecting? The new iPad does everything the last we did but better and the screen is insane!

MykullMyerz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2006
Washington, D.C.
What were you actually expecting? The new iPad does everything the last we did but better and the screen is insane!
Insane is not the word. It is ineffable!!! I was a little hesitant to upgrade from the 2 but when I saw the screen all my reservations flew away. Plus AT&T's LTE network in my area is awesome so I'm getting excellent coverage everywhere. It was well worth the purchase.

kxfrog

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2009
UK
Insane is not the word. It is ineffable!!! I was a little hesitant to upgrade from the 2 but when I saw the screen all my reservations flew away. Plus AT&T's LTE network in my area is awesome so I'm getting excellent coverage everywhere. It was well worth the purchase.
Your lucky man, no LTE in the UK at all :(

nfl46

macrumors 604
Oct 5, 2008
The screen won me over. I always complained that the iPad 1 and 2 screen should be better, now it is. Apple has me addicted to high quality screens. Pixelated is so old school. Jk. :)

panzer06

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2006
Kilrath
My first Apple TV and I must say the interface is annoying. I have hundreds of TV shows on my Mac and there doesn't appear to be a way to sort by unwatched by series or any other sort mechanism other than title or show.

I've only had it a few hours but it seems like the least intuitive Apple product I've ever used.

I do love watching on my TV now though.

Cheers,

MrBambinoDent

macrumors regular
May 23, 2011
I'm not disappointed at all.
It's awesome and the screen is nice. Can't you notice how text look on this one ?:cool:

Bad.Hat.Harry

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2010
Orange County, CA
My first Apple TV and I must say the interface is annoying. I have hundreds of TV shows on my Mac and there doesn't appear to be a way to sort by unwatched by series or any other sort mechanism other than title or show.

I've only had it a few hours but it seems like the least intuitive Apple product I've ever used.

I do love watching on my TV now though.

Cheers,
They should be releasing an update to address that issue. You used to be able to sort alphabetically by show name. It appears to be a bug that came with the recent apple tv update and iTunes 10.6.

jacobo007

macrumors member
May 14, 2010
Quick question about the Apple TV.

As i recall, the Apple TV2 lost the ability to buy movies and TV shows and went exclusively with a renting model.

I am seeing in the apple website that you can buy and rent now, did i miss something? is this new? am i confused?

Thanks.