Any one know of an iPad 2 Clear skin thats Dry?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by The JTizzle, Mar 18, 2011.

1. The JTizzle macrumors 6502

The JTizzle

Any one seen a clear back skin for the ipad 2 that applies dry such as a gela skin?

2. diacritic macrumors regular

3. wfj5444 macrumors 6502

4. Bizzways macrumors member

Still no luck??

Anyone found one? I'm sure someone could make good money if they could figure out a good installation on a clear/dry back. I've looked far n wide. No luck. Went w icarbons for now, but would prefer a clear back skin. Thanx.

5. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I would not worry about a wet skin for the back.. Better yet, the iPad 2 has no water damage sensors.

6. The JTizzle thread starter macrumors 6502

The JTizzle

I ended up going with a BestSkinsEver and have been extremely happy with it. The application wasn't bad and I just taped up any holes prior just to be safe.

7. gigaguy macrumors 65816

Power Support are dry application if I remember correctly. I just did Bestskinsever on my iPod Touch4g, it was a wet apply. and not as nice as Power support. but cheaper for sure.

8. Bizzways macrumors member

I tried BSE but the application was dreadful. I'm too OCD to have water all over my device. I was having a mild panic attack. I tried covering all ports w tape, but the skin is such an exact cut that the BSE skin was laying n top on the tape in most places.

Gigaguy, thanks power supports dry application, but unfortunately it's only for the screen. I want a clear skin for the back of the iPad 2. I don't want to cover the front.

9. Entopia7 macrumors regular

If you're worried, you could always apply the skin and wait 24 hours for it to completely dry before you power it back up. Any errant water that may have come in contact with electronics will have evaporated.

I have used wet apply skins on all my Apple products and have never had a single problem. Some skin manufacturers will include a spray bottle of solution, which will decrease your likelihood of drips and extra solution.

Edit: The way most skins are cut out so precisely, I can't imagine trying to install one dry with only one chance to get it right (unless I'm missing something, and dry apply skins are more cling than stick?)

10. SipperyPete macrumors regular