Any opinions change on 5c...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sdreed91, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Sdreed91 macrumors 6502

With the positive reviews?

I myself am quite torn. I don't use passwords therefore don't think I would use Touch ID longer than a month and don't take a lot of photos, and don't game. I think the 5c would be great from a 4S however I am just unsure. The reviews have made a stronger case for one though.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

My only concern with the 5C is that is is basically a 5 with a new shell. I'd go with the 5S even if you don't think you will use the features that much.

3. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

The biggest factor to me is still the price. It is only a $100 difference between the 5c and 5s. If it was $449 then I would probably get the 5c.

4. Adelphos33 macrumors 6502

Honestly, I have been pretty gung-ho on the 5c and have been excited to receive mine. However, the reviews of the 5s have been better than expected to me. Given that, I am considering going to an Apple Store on Saturday morning with my 5c and my current 4S and exchanging it all in for a 5s, depending on how the 5c feels in hand on Friday.

5. Sdreed91 thread starter macrumors 6502

I too am waiting until Friday to see which phone I prefer in my hand. If Sprint does offer an early upgrade plan that may push me to the 5c. I really just love the different colors. I also don't mind being told its for teenagers. I had my friend tell me it was for teenagers because its plastic. His phone being an S4 which is plastic. The stigma around it being plastic is odd but its Apple they are successful and with success comes hate.

6. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

That's my only thing. The saving just doesn't make me say wow great deal.

I actually do like the 5C. I like the 5S as well though. I read a ton of reviews and one thing that stood out to me for the 5S and was sort of what I was thinking.

7. Sdreed91 thread starter macrumors 6502

I just am unsure of whether those enhancements are enough to justify the purchase for me. I really like the colors. If the 5s had the colors I would jump right on it. I don't mind the plastic seeing as I drop my phone a lot. I just would like some variety. I personally hate the look of the rear on the iPhone 5/5s I think it looks stupid. Glass, metal, glass. Why not all metal?

8. cynics macrumors G3

I still can't get passed the price for last years phone.

As a 4S owner I'd rather upgrade to a 5 at this point instead of a 5 in a plastic shell. Plus I'm not big on the color selection. Would like a little classier look like I'm accustomed to with Apple products.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I have an iPhone 5 in a colored case - this basically negates any possible advantage of the 5c for me.

10. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

Both are great phones with both getting excellent reviews just as I had suspected that they would. It really comes down to whether you want or need the additional features that the 5s brings to the table. Either model will be a great phone to own and a nice upgrade from a 4S or earlier.

11. neoelectronaut macrumors 68030

neoelectronaut

As a iPhone 4 owner, I'm serious leaning towards the 5c if I snap and end up picking up a new phone.

A savings of $100 for the same amount of storage? Seems like a deal to me.

12. aztooh macrumors 6502a

This is actually a reason why I'm looking forward to the S. I don't use passwords because it's annoying to me to have to swipe then enter my code hundreds of times a day. If the scanner works as easily and quickly as advertised, it adds a nice level of security without any real added steps.

I tried the Atrix a few years back...but the location and accuracy of the scanner was not very good. Hoping Apple got this right.

13. Sdreed91 thread starter macrumors 6502

Exactly this is where I am at right now.

14. Aneres11 macrumors 6502a

Totally agree.

The 5, IMO, is Apple's worst designed phone. I hate how cold it is. I don't like the 'border' look on the back of the phone with the metal and glass. It looks like the metal part is a battery cover. Never been a fan. Therefore I don't like the S aesthetics.

The C has been getting rave reviews for it's feel in hand. It looks so damn comfortable to hold with its rounded edges. I think it's the best designed iPhone since the 4.

I just need to decide which colour I want! Blue, white or yellow!!?

15. KaijuRed macrumors regular

Blue!

16. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

Go and get iphone 5, it looks better than the the 5c. Same phone different look :rolleyes:

17. billycuth macrumors 6502a

From a technical standpoint, I have no problem with the C. But I really don't care for any of the colors.

I would have preferred they just kept the 5.

18. Sdreed91 thread starter macrumors 6502

I myself can't really picture myself using the features. If my 4s wasn't damaged I'd probably stay with it. I hate the look of the 5/5s. I think I am going for the 5c. However, I will be going for a new iPad in October.