Any other AT&T/Sprint/Verizon reps looking forward to launch day commissions????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Stayfly2407, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Stayfly2407 macrumors 6502

AT&T rep here! Corporate store, we will have new T-shirts to wear (apple I hope) ordering pizza, and hooking up our phones to jawbones "Jambox", and making $$$. Gonna be a fun day!!! What is your store doing?

2. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

(not a rep) No launch day here. My Verizon store had the iPhone 4 on release but will not have the iPhone 4S. I live in the boonies so my only other option was online preorder.

3. iDabble macrumors regular

Out of curiousity, how much commission do you make per sale?

And don't get your hopes up for Apple shirts

4. Stayfly2407 thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh wow. Sux for the customers and reps, well at least you are getting yours.

5. Clcross18x macrumors member

Lol I want to work at your store! I think we are doing the pizza thing, but as far as the T-Shirts, I haven't been asked for my size at all.

Honestly, I think we are all massively drained from this weekend's pre-order hoopla at our store. I know a few were really mad about having to come in early and work a double, only to be told not to direct fulfill unless the customer insisted because it would tank our APO numbers. Plus it didn't make any sense anyways since it would take 14-21 days, when you could just come in launch day and get it then.

I honestly just want to get it over with so I can go home and start playing with mine that I ordered from Apple. But I'm definitely down for some money making. Not a lot of questions are being asked about the 4S in my area, so I'm hoping everyone decides to come out.

6. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

hook me up with the coke discount best your company has to offer.

7. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

There are shirts, we got ours in already.. they're black with the at&t globe on the front in a rainbowish colors, reminds me of the old macintosh logo actually.. and the back says "at&t now offers the iphone at twice the speed"

Better than the usual polos for sure.

and about commission, apple is the only phone we don't get paid on the data plans for, kinda lame.

8. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Cool, how about for the people waiting in line? shirts, pizza and H2O? or none?

I have always wondered though, how much do you guys make on commission? does selling an iPhone gets you a higher commission or is it by plan?

9. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I hate to say it but I wouldn't pay commissions on iPhones. The suckers virtually sell themselves.

Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

10. hbenitez09 macrumors regular

i think your not going to find a rep willing going to talk to you about how much commission they make on each sale, and it's also very hard to understand for a person who isn't in the business. I for one work at an att cor store just got promoted to manager the first of this month. Rep from florida you must not work for a COR because in IL where i'm from all features except insurance is paid out on.

11. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I'm glad to see you all are excited about launch day. Honestly, I would not want to be anywhere near AT&T or Apple on launch day. I feel the same way about that as I do Walmart on Black Friday.

12. bellaisa macrumors regular

question for you ATT reps, i'm doing an upgrade swap from one of my family line's dummy phone with no data, do I have to go into the store to do this or can I call 611? will need to cancel the data plan as well, will that be a problem?

Thanks,

13. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

Yea at a dealer, they really fudge us on iPhones at dealers.. Used to work for COR for a few years, but it was way too long of a drive from where I live, then tried T-Mo and they're just too slow LOL. So at an at&t dealer couple miles from me... The pay is alllll great except for iPhones... stinks :/

14. shadrap macrumors 6502

Are any of you authorized retailers going to be selling the iPhone?

15. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

I had always heard that (verizon reps at least) don't get commission off iPhone sales. has this changed?

16. neenja macrumors 6502

dont think any reps get paid anything (or close to nothing) for iphone sales.

17. blazinz macrumors regular

Im also wondering this as well..

:confused:

18. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

maybe not the phone itself, but probably on all the accessories, apple care, insurance, feature add-ons, plan upgrades, etc. my local att store had all these crappy bundles of old cases and low quality screen protectors, tied together with cheapo balloon ribbons. they were pushing them hard.

19. s.hasan546 macrumors 6502

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

Excited? HELLLL NO.

The amount of commission you make off 50 iPhones = 10 droid or blackberry sales. (for verizon at least)

Since verizon got the iPhone it has hurt our commissions. Now i own a store so it's a little different, but overall me and my employees make less $$ b.c of the iPhone. Accessories help a little but the different in overall profit for the store is anywhere between $20-35 profit for an iPhone compared to $150-$250 profit on a droid/BB.

& iPhones are more expensive to keep inventory since we have to buy them for full price w/o tax.

20. Stayfly2407 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm not sure what you are asking. But yes u can call 611 or go to the store to upgrade. However, u said the dummy phone has no data then said you will need to cancel the data plan as well?? Which phone are you going to, iPhone??

----------

the commissions really vary per sale. you get paid on accessories, like outer boxes, spec cases, bluetooths, jamboxes, etc. Features, data, insurance, applecare, screen protectors, new activations, upgrades, etc. So just about every sale is different. Im at a busy store, my commission checks are usually $2500, then you also get paid a base pay too. So its pretty decent.

21. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

Yes, first time for auth retailers in my area.

22. applesith macrumors 68020

applesith

$2500 every 2 weeks?

23. shelbymayer macrumors regular

I also work at an authroized retailer so I feel your pain for the Iphone commission! Other than that I love the job...HATE IPHONE LAUNCHES! (since this is your first time...good luck!)

----------

OMG this just made me laugh!!! My thoughts exactly...minus the verizon part (I work for an AT&T authroized dealer)

24. hbenitez09 macrumors regular

that stinks that verizon pays out less on iPhone sales then anything else, it makes no sense since a smart phone is a smart phone your getting data on any smart phone sold, to clarify a little bit. no rep who sells gets paid on the sale of the device, the company is already losing money on discounting the phone for the customer. Your enticement for selling the smart phones or more expensive phones is because you get paid on the extra features that are required to own an iPhone or smart phone. at att cor stores, you get paid off the contract renewal which is called a ga (gross add or new line) and an opp(opportunity) so thats your first chunk, the amount you get paid on this depends on the MRC of the minute plan of the customer the higher there minute plan the better you get paid off of this. usually between 5 and 8 dollars. the second place you get paid off is features (data, messaging, navi, etc.) the 3rd accessories. 4th(customer service satisfaction scores) yes this affects our job heavily so don't bs on these surveys they are taken very seriously. if a rep gives you bad service yes feel free to voice yourself if you received good service don't trash them just because. the last you get paid off is wired sales internet home phone tv etc (only exist in certain states)

checks depend on how well you understand your commission structure if you know how to read it and understand it you know what you have to do to maximize your earnings. also att cor reps have tiers in a nutshell it entices you to keep selling once you reach your goal there are different levels 100 percent to goal 125 percent to goal and 150 percent to goal. the bigger the attainment the more you get paid per each thing.

2500 is a midrange comp check at att i've earned at times anywhere between 1600 to 4500 a month over my career as a rep at first i earned little commission because i didn't understand the comp payout plan. Once i understood it and knew where i had to maximize to get to the next level making money is easy. Most reps i know including myself average on the low end 45k a year to about 70k(70k very easy to achieve if you work hard and know how to make money smart)

25. ZipZap macrumors 601

You all understand the Apple does not discount iphones very much to retailers.

This is the root of the spiff problem and not Verizon or AT&T.