Any Other Game-less iPhones Out There?

LaWally

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 24, 2012
Every time the topic comes up, people can't believe it when I tell them I have no games on my iPhone. At that point I typically hand my phone over to them so they can see for themselves. Then they look at me like I'm from another planet.

Any other game-less iPhones out there ... or am I truly from another planet?

audiokeeffe

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2010
Every time the topic comes up, people can't believe it when I tell them I have no games on my iPhone. At that point I typically hand my phone over to them so they can see for themselves. Then they look at me like I'm from another planet.

If you're not into gaming and things, then why get an iPhone? You'd have been better off with a more average phone.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008

I do have some on there, but only play Trism and WWF when I'm at home. I just don't view the iPhone as a viable gaming device, I have my dedicated consoles for that. I have replaced my iPod for day-to-day usage with the phone, but that's about it.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I only have words with friends and only update it once a week. I don't really care for games on the iPhone because of the screen size and on screen controls.

I have an android tablet I game on a little more cause I can easily hook a ps3 controller or wiimote to it. Even then I usually only play emulators of old console games (Nintendo through PS1. However oddly enough I just downloaded dead space and shadow gun but I still prefer the consoles though.

Alexanderjohn

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2012

SO can you share your programme?
As first time i hear about it...so you right no one can believe it ...

tersono

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2005
UK
No games on mine. Quite a bit of music (I use my iPhone for music in the car) along with SatNav and a bunch of productivity-related apps.

If you're not into gaming and things, then why get an iPhone? You'd have been better off with a more average phone.
There ARE other uses for a smartphone you know - not all need to be mindless ;)

Sone3D

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

No games on my iPhone. I am from 1980. I need a gamepad.

HitchHykr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2007
Virginia
This is so unbelievably narrow minded :rolleyes:

I do have games on my iPhone but I never play them. I guess I keep them just in case I'm stuck somewhere, I'm bored to death and there's absolutely nothing else that I could do, but then I would probably be worried about conserving the battery power....

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I'd be more surprised if someone didn't have a social networking app (google+, twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc etc).

Certinfy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2011
London
I've got a few on there but never touch any of them anymore since getting my Vita. It's basically a folder that's just left there to make up space. Saying that when I do let my friends' use my phone they mostly do play them and it's not like I need the memory the games take so I'll just leave them.

Chris230291

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2011
I have an android tablet I game on a little more cause I can easily hook a ps3 controller or wiimote to it. Even then I usually only play emulators of old console games (Nintendo through PS1.
You can do this on iDevices too.

bearbear

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2008
no games on mine. Every now and then I'll download one to see if anything has changed, but I can never get used to on-screen controls on such a small screen.

viewfly

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
Two games as a curiosity. Bit I never use them. I browse, use forums, music, videos and everything else.

No games.

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado

I have one folder with 12 games in it. However, I only play about 4 of them. The others are for my son to play.

I'd be more surprised if someone didn't have a social networking app (google+, twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc etc).
No social networking apps on my iPhone.