Any other retailers carry the 15" MBP with matte screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by slapple, Nov 24, 2011.

1. slapple macrumors 6502

If I want the 15" MBP with the matte screen, is the Apple Store the only place to get it? Or are there any other retailers that carry it?

2. thundersteele macrumors 68030

appleinsider.com has a list of resellers (the link is called mac price guide). Some of them resell BTO MacBooks. I don't have experience with them though.

3. bmwpowere36m3 macrumors 6502

I posted this question earlier with little response, but I've found them at:

MacMall & B&H Photo (both cheaper cheaper than Apple and no tax)

I just ordered one from MacMall and it should be here today :D

4. slapple thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the info. I'm looking at the 15" 2.4GHz, 750GB 7200RPM, 4GB RAM, with antiglare.

Apple has it for $2399 + tax, but a $101 discount tomorrow, and 5% cashback with Discover.

B&H has it for $2399, no tax, but Parallels 7 for free ($50 value). Not sure if they will have any discounts for Black Friday.

MacMall has it for $2344, no tax, and Parallels 7 for free after rebate. Don't know if they will have any better discounts tomorrow.

Not much of a difference pricewise, so I think I'll get it from Apple for the better return policy. B&H won't let you do returns on opened computers. MacMall only has a 14 day return policy, and Apple lets you do returns until January 9.

5. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Yeah, I would also go with buying from apple, unless the sales tax in your area is very high. The resellers only really have good deals on the base models. I made a good experience with the in store pickup, it arrived a week before their estimate, and I would be able to return it in store if I were unhappy for some reason.

Note: Get an SSD. Either put it in yourself, or take the small one from apple and an external drive. It's day and night for me... I don't even care to upgrade my ram, since swapping doesn't slow down the system anymore.

6. randomrazr macrumors 65816

7. bmwpowere36m3 macrumors 6502

I bought one from MacMall and yes their current prices are black friday prices. I'm surprised their the same price as Apple.