Any part of you want to go back to stock?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 3bs, Apr 7, 2012.

?

Any part of you want to go back to stock?

1. No

38 vote(s)
    55.9%
  2. Yes, a small part of me but I'm going to stick with my jailbreak

18 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. Yes, I might actually go back to stock soon

4 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. Yes. I went back to stock iOS

8 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I know some people update by "mistake" but does anyone have an urge to go back to stock on purpose? I don't know why but part of me wants to even though I have all these amazing apps and tweaks and my 4S is running fine.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

I've only had an iPhone 4 and now 4S and the 4S was my first jailbroken device so I still haven't tried stock after being jailbroken like some may have when they were waiting for the A5 jailbreak.

I got a Galaxy Nexus (first android phone) for 2 weeks but missed my jailbroken 4S too much so I went back to it. It would really suck if I went back to stock and felt the same way :p

4. BiggAW macrumors 68020

Why? I can remove the Cydia tweaks if I want and it would be impossible to tell it's not stock unless you go to screen 3 and find Cydia. I would miss the few small tweaks and MiWi.

5. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

There's this small thing that's been bothering me. If I leave the phone down for a couple minutes then I wake it up using the wake or home button, there's about 1-2 second lag until the screen lights up. This won't happen if I sleep/wake the screen a couple times in a row or after short period between them. I know it's small but it's getting on my nerves. That's one reason. The other reason I can't explain but I just feel like I part of me wants to go back to stock.

I haven't tried uninstalling everything to see if this goes away but I probably will soon.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I dont have this on my JB 4S.
    Must have been something you installed and even after removed the issue stayed there.

7. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

I'll try uninstalling everything whenever I have time and see what happens. I could always go back to stock and hope they release the way to downgrade soon since I saved my SHSH blobs and APTicket for 5.0 and 5.0.1 (9A405/6)

8. BiggAW macrumors 68020

Uninstall the tweaks one at a time. That's not Cydia or the JB, it's a tweak that's screwing something up.

Don't restore the OS, you may never get back to JB.

9. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

Yeah I know it's not the jailbreak. It's just one extra thing pushing me to go back to stock, not the reason I'm considering it. I'll give that a try and see what happens.

10. plainwhitetay macrumors regular

I've never tested anything, but I always started to notice this lag after I installed Activator. I just assumed it had to do with Activator "powering-up" to see what you're really trying to do. Once again, never tested, but I'd start there if you were gonna start testing.

11. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

I already tried uninstalling that the other day because it's what I thought too but it kept happening.

12. cclloyd macrumors 68000

cclloyd

The only times I ever want to go back to stock are when there are updates that are available, and I can't update, (5.1), where I want to just be at the most up-to-date technology. The other time is when I just want to feel like I'm on a genuine product, even though I know it is, but still.

But, there are too many things that Apple doesn't have, like quick toggles, themes, and an Infinifolder-like effect.

13. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

Not unless BiteSMS, Springtomize, FolderEnhancer, iBlacklist, OpenNotifier, and a couple of other "must have" apps become available via the App Store.

Stock is so......boring.

14. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

Stock iOS is lame

jail broken having a few tweaks makes iOS bearable at least

15. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Friends ask me all the time why I jailbreak ?

The simple answer.... Because I can !

16. labman macrumors 604

labman

Funny how when I read all the stuff people want in the next IOS update. It's almost all stuff I get from my Jailbreaking. :D

17. BiggAW macrumors 68020

Is that unlimited items in a folder? I got so fed up with folders, that I decided to do some cleaning, deleted probably 20 apps and got rid of all my folders. Looks prettier on the retina display!

18. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

Eye aint smaht enuf too yewes a stok fone

----------

I also find it amazing Cydia has figured out how to update bits and pieces of its core programs without requiring a full restore and hours of "re-doing" the device.

19. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I dont intend to return to stock.

Like others have said, jail breaking allows me to have tweaks that let me have my iPhone working how i want, and not have apple wants.

20. tagmisterb macrumors newbie

If I "had" to go back to stock, I would get an Android phone. iOS is better than it was a couple years ago, but there are still a lot of practical things absent that jailbreak tweaks address. Beyond that, I wouldn't intentionally own a phone you can't theme.

21. Kayan macrumors 6502

I will never willingly go back to stock. I'm only stock when I get a new phone and there's no JB out.

22. 3bs, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012

3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

I uninstalled everything that I installed myself except iFile and I rebooted but I am still getting a lag between when I press the home or sleep/wake button and when the screen lights up. Only happens when I leave the phone down for a couple minutes or more. Not sure what else to do.

Edit: I just checked my mothers and sisters stock 4s's and they both have this lag. I guess it's not jailbreak related and I'm not sure why I only noticed it after jailbreaking.

23. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Wait till you can restore or live with it for now.

24. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

I'd hate to give up the JB features I love so much but I do get frustrated with the performance drag JB'ing has on my iP4. Response can get really slow sometimes and things like the camera taking 15 seconds to open drive me crazy.

I get that it's a symptom of too many tweaks and I'm fine with that but I envy the blazing speed of my wife's non-JB iP4S.

25. LoloBond macrumors 6502

I end up updating, after seeing that my phone was reading 14gb under other with only 1g of pictures, 1 gb of music, 2gb of apps, and like 5 cydia tweaks. My OCD came triumphant, again.... till next JB! I do miss a LOT 2 of my tweaks, folder enhancer and the one you can kill all apps at once instead of closing them one by one. Well time to build PATIENCE! :D