Any places in NYC that sell and INSTALL IS/BG/etc.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by GeneticFreak84, Aug 29, 2008.

1. GeneticFreak84 macrumors regular

Hi,

I'm looking for stores that sell AND install full protection body films such as Invisible Shield, Body Guard, etc.

I want to get the IS but I know I will not be able to put it on correctly :eek:

Thanks!

2. dauerhippo macrumors regular

I've been wondering the same thing myself. All I've been able to find out is that Best Buy, Adorama and B&H camera all sell the IS screen protector part only. If you want the back part, you have to order it online.

There are these "carts" at some malls where they will install it for you, but I don't think there are any in NYC. I think the closest one is in the King of Prussia Mall, outside of Philly - but maybe one of the Jersey malls has them?

I am going to best buy today to get the front part.

3. err404 macrumors 68020

The IS front isn't that great. It's has a slightly tacky feel and the texture slightly distorts the screen. Some people have also had issues with streaks in the material itself. I'd recommend just the back from IS. The new revision of the back seems much nicer then the original, but I have not had a chance to apply it yet.

4. GeneticFreak84 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, that's what I'm looking for. Just the backing. I live in Hoboken, NJ so I guess I can check the mall in Jersey City :eek: If anyone finds one, please let me know!

5. Switz213 macrumors 6502

Yeah, in King of Prussia there is a stand directly outside of the Apple store.

6. GeneticFreak84 thread starter macrumors regular

Oh ok thanks. I don't mind driving there but I'm debating between the IS backing vs. Power Air Support case. Thoughts?

7. dauerhippo macrumors regular

I have both (not at the same time). Of all the shields and cases I tried (Bodyguardz, IS and SGP Shield), I ended up sticking with the SGP shield (sgpstore.com), just because it's the easiest to install, and it covers the most.

I have the air jacket too. It's damn thin for a case, but it really just covers the back from scratches, and doesn't come up around the chrome bezel. For my money, I'd rather have a skin, which offers as much if not more protection (scratches, but not impact), yet lets you feel like you're holding the naked phone. I was pretty excited about the air jacket, when I first saw it online, but I was pretty underwhelmed when I actually put it on.

GeneticFreak, PM me if you want more info.

8. GeneticFreak84 thread starter macrumors regular

Did you get yours installed at the kiosk @ KOP Mall? If so, how is it holding up? Have you had any problems with it or are you satisfied with your purchase?