Any Product to Clean Imac Monitor Screen?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by bkmarket, Oct 12, 2008.

1. bkmarket macrumors newbie

does apple sell any product to clean the screen of imac monitor screen?
    or any similar product that have good result for u guys to clean mintor screen/LCD TV...

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Is it the glass Aluminium one or the older white plastic iMac?

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

you could purchase iKlear. but warm soapy water and a wettex will work very well.

4. bkmarket thread starter macrumors newbie

the aluminum one but why does that make a different?

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

You have glass over the screen now. I'd use some rubbing alcohol but I can't see why Windex would hurt glass.

Remember not to spray directly onto the screen.

6. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Easy, what doesn't harm alum could greatly harm plastic... two different surfaces.

You wouldn't use a mild abrasive on plastic but you might on alum (I wouldn't use either on a computer unless it was to take out mild scratches) which leads to if you HAD to take out mild scratches on a plastic surface you would use a mild abrasive but wouldn't do any good on an alum one... get the point?

So yah, it does make a little difference.

Plus the white ones didn't have the HUGE protective polymer glass that the alum ones have, that can also make a difference in choice of cleaners. The white ones (unless I'm mistaken which happens from time to time) you have access to the actual LCD screen which means you don't want to get certain chemicals on it.

Usually iKlear is pretty good, but if you don't have access to that those pledge whipes (the all purpose electronics ones) work pretty good, but again, if you have the white one it might have a deep down ground in stain that might need a little more tending to (those alum ones have a tendency to not get those things) so again, it sorta does matter what your trying to clean as to HOW you clean it.

7. t4ct1c4lr3m1x macrumors newbie

I bought a pack of monitor wipes from Best Buy for about $8. They work pretty good.

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Follow the directions in the manual...

That fake chamoise that came with the machine works quite well, using a spray bottle filled with water, a couple squirts onto the cloth and it'll clean the machine quite well.

At least this way, there is no chemical residue (or something that'll etch the coating on the aluminum or mess with the glass) plus you don't get water behind the glass.