Any Raleigh iPad 4G users? Looking for opinion on ATT v. Verizon

Discussion in 'iPad' started by GhostMac24, Aug 29, 2012.

1. GhostMac24 macrumors 6502

GhostMac24

Getting ready to pick up an iPad3 with 4G and have no idea which is better for the Raleigh area in terms of speed and connectivity without dropping down.

Price isn't an issue as speed and staying connected to 4G is more of a priority over price.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

2. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

Verizon, 100% all the way. For phone and iPad.

3. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

Verizon for sure. Iniitially purchased AT&T iPad 3 and then returned/exchanged for Verizon LTE. Lightning fast by comparison and better coverage, especially in central Raleigh where I live and on the road throughout the state. My next smartphone will be Verizon rather than AT&T as well. Just waiting for simultaneous voice/data on Verizon to make the switch. So sick of the dropped calls!

4. Bensalama21 macrumors regular

I go to NC State in Raleigh and I can say that my friend has complained a lot about using ATT... Verizon is the way to go!

5. AFPoster macrumors 65816

In Charlotte - every trip I take to Winston-Salem, Wilmington, Raleigh, Greensboro, etc (basically the whole state) AT&T is horrible, stick with Verizon. I made the mistake and I will be switching back to Verizon when the iPhone 5 comes out.

6. GhostMac24 thread starter macrumors 6502

GhostMac24

Wow, thanks everybody! Seems like the overwhelming response (unanimous so far) is Verizon.

7. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

I will add one more emphatic vote for Verizon. AT&T service is horrible in the Raleigh area in my experience.

8. escape1974 macrumors member

I'll be the one person to voice the other way. When I moved to Raleigh, I couldn't even get a Verizon signal in my house. I switched to AT&T and haven't had a single problem to date. I drive to work at client sites in Greensboro, Durham, Holly Springs, etc and I've not had any problems. I'm sitting in Greensboro right now and have all my bars.

The LTE on my iPad 3 is fine and it works great.

9. NestOfRobins macrumors member

No complaints with VZ on iPad 3 in Raleigh/Garner/Holly Springs.

10. GhostMac24 thread starter macrumors 6502

GhostMac24

Stupid follow-up.......but is there any app that tracks your usage? I really can't get a feel for what plan I would want or need.