Any Raleigh iPad 4G users? Looking for opinion on ATT v. Verizon

GhostMac24

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
NC
Getting ready to pick up an iPad3 with 4G and have no idea which is better for the Raleigh area in terms of speed and connectivity without dropping down.

Price isn't an issue as speed and staying connected to 4G is more of a priority over price.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

koigirl

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Verizon for sure. Iniitially purchased AT&T iPad 3 and then returned/exchanged for Verizon LTE. Lightning fast by comparison and better coverage, especially in central Raleigh where I live and on the road throughout the state. My next smartphone will be Verizon rather than AT&T as well. Just waiting for simultaneous voice/data on Verizon to make the switch. So sick of the dropped calls!

Bensalama21

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2011
I go to NC State in Raleigh and I can say that my friend has complained a lot about using ATT... Verizon is the way to go!

AFPoster

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
In Charlotte - every trip I take to Winston-Salem, Wilmington, Raleigh, Greensboro, etc (basically the whole state) AT&T is horrible, stick with Verizon. I made the mistake and I will be switching back to Verizon when the iPhone 5 comes out.

GhostMac24

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
NC
Wow, thanks everybody! Seems like the overwhelming response (unanimous so far) is Verizon.

escape1974

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2010
I'll be the one person to voice the other way. When I moved to Raleigh, I couldn't even get a Verizon signal in my house. I switched to AT&T and haven't had a single problem to date. I drive to work at client sites in Greensboro, Durham, Holly Springs, etc and I've not had any problems. I'm sitting in Greensboro right now and have all my bars.

The LTE on my iPad 3 is fine and it works great.

GhostMac24

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
NC
Stupid follow-up.......but is there any app that tracks your usage? I really can't get a feel for what plan I would want or need.