Any recommended cases?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iTabone, Feb 26, 2011.

1. iTabone macrumors regular

I'm looking for a new case for a 15" MBP. Any recommendations?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The booq Vyper is the best protection I've ever seen in a notebook sleeve. In my opinion, it offers far better protection than any neoprene case, the zippers never come into contact with your MBP, and it looks great!
    [​IMG]

3. ddoolin0 macrumors regular

I'm kind of looking for the same thing, except more like a cover case. I've seen some black plastic (polyurethane?) clam shell-type cover cases with a cutout over the Apple symbol that look simple and nice. Who manufactures these WELL? I hate Chinese knock-off cases...

4. jdwagner888 macrumors regular

i use the speck clear case that apple sells for 50$. by far worth the money it protects my Macbook from all kinda of scratches.

then i use a regular soft case for traveling with it.

5. iTabone thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys. I might just get that sleeve for traveling GG. ALso, I'll probably end up getting one of those hard plastic cases. However, I have a gift card from Amazon and they do not have the black Speck cases. I ended up ordering one by a brand called mCase. Top reviews and cheaper than Speck (which is cheaper from Amazon than Apple).

6. iTabone thread starter macrumors regular

7. whyzdom macrumors regular

Nice alternative.

I ordered a Speck from their website. I think both cases look great.

8. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

9. iTabone thread starter macrumors regular

That's probably the case (pun intended :p), but I wanted a black one and only this one was available from Amazon.

10. SilverWings Guest

Absolutely agree. I bought my Vyper together with my MBP 15,4" Unibody late 2008. That's 2+ years ago and I will use it again for my MBP 15,4" early 2011. No need to buy a new sleeve for my new MBP and I carry my laptop with me every day. It still looks great!