Any reviews about how Activity, Workout on Apple Watch and Health on iPhone coexist?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by python0704, Apr 20, 2015.

1. python0704 macrumors member

python0704

Do those apps share data? Do Watch and iPhone collect different data while we walking? If so, how do they integrate?

2. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

3. python0704 thread starter macrumors member

python0704

4. Speedman100 macrumors 6502

Speedman100

That was a really good read. I'm glad the Watch can track a run well without iPhone. I do not think it sounds fun running with iPhone.

5. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I wondered the same thing, can the watch and the phone together track my daily steps accurately? Say I wear the watch without my phone in the morning, then I carry both throughout the day, then at night the watch is charging but the phone is in my pocket. Will it add all the steps accurately without doubling anything, or will it only track one device? Or does it track them separately?

6. Sith Vol macrumors 6502

Is there any way to stop the Activity app from tracking? I've tried to go through the app on the watch and my iPhone but can't find any options other than changing the goals for the day.

7. dhy8386 macrumors 6502a

Phone collects data if you have motion tracking turned on. In health it's just another source. You can either move it up or down over the watch in terms of priority if you want one used over the other.

8. webitorgal macrumors regular

webitorgal

I'm finding that while the Activity and Health apps are syncing properly, the Health app is not properly syncing with third party (phone) apps that are supposed to sync (as noted in another thread)! Glitch?